Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CA list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    celt

can anyone help me with CA list, when i use Tems pocket monitor on my phone i only see the BCCH frequency for the sector. should i not see all the transmitted frequencies for the sector. i.e if the BTS in configured as 2,2,2 should i not see the 2 frecuency channels for each sector, i only see 1 for each sector, can anyone explain this

rf learner

Hi Celt.

there are actually 2 list CA list and BA list.

CA lists frequencies that are used for carrying calls.

BA lists frequencies that are used for measuring SS of BCCH for nbr listing, HO candidature Listing purposes.

2+2+2 config if u r using SFH there will no. of frequencies used for hopping.

thanks

RF Learner

celt

hi rf learner
    yes i know there is CA list and BA list,with BA list i see the neighbouring cells for the cell i am locked on to but my question is if the cell i am locked on to is configured with 2, 3 or 4 TRX should u not see the frequencies for these TRX on the CA list when frequency hopping is not being used.if frequency hopping is used i see 16 frequencies in my CA list why dont i pick up the other frequencies if hopping is not being used, thanking you if u have any ideas

rf learner

Hi Celt

So u r not using any kind of hopping.

Thanks

RF Learner

celt

hi rf,
    some sites in the network are using frequency hopping but the majority of sites are not using hopping.the sites that are using hopping i see all the frequencies for hoppng in the CA list where as the non hopping sites i only see the bcch frequency in the CA list

JACK

In the call setup phase we have to include only BCCH frequencies on the Cell Allocation list that is sent in System Information type 1 message on the BCCH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.