Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BTS MS Dynamic Power Control

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rf

Hi All

Can anyone provide R11 Dynamic PC for BTS & MS technical paper of ericsson.

thanks

RF Learner
    rf.learner@gmail.com

yogesh_rf

hi rf,
    actually basics are normally same ,differences are normally in terminology used.Pls explain
    wt basically you want to know???

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

RF Learner

Hi Yogesh

in my network I dont see PC behaving well, If we are moving far from the site in a congested area the signal strenght decreases and quality degrades, thus power should increase in DL/UL.. but what happns is power decreases hence sometimes call drop. I am on the operator end, i dont have access to RNO so that i can make changes. I know there is problem at parameter level…

Is there any smulatot for PC in which i can put dffnt parameter n then forward them to my vendor.

Thats y needed PC technical Dox with there algo.

Thanks

RF Learner

yogesh

hi rf,
    1st check whether your call goes in BCCH TRX or in TCH TRX,Bcoz PC will work only in TCH TRX,You check whether PC is enabled or not,in Motorola the parameter is: BTS_POWER_CONTROL_ALLOWED,check if it is 1(Enabled)or not.

BR//
    yogesh_rf

pix

hello rf learner,

yes, you can try to lock on the BCCH in order to get the rxlev without power control.. then you can check if you are still having your issues or not.

from what you’re saying, it looks like the neighbors cells are congested so you cannot make a HO. Therefore the signal degrades (eventhough BTS is at full power) and the call drops.

good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.