Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PRX Noise Values faults

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Briny

Hi,

any one here have experience on PRX noise values faults mainly on Nokia Node B WBTS?

Looking for a reason as to why they occur have seen some reasons already looking for more

Thxs

Valerijs

in life network it between -104dBm and -107dBm it depends on invironments

In theory Nokia default -102.9dBm

If if you have more then -100dBm or less then -109dBm then you have to look deeper. What is the reasons : wrong parameters,external noise and so on.

br,
    Valerijs

Briny

I know this, I just dealt with a problem where it was across all cels, . The cells used Remeck MHA, and (its a Nokia Node B) when set to other as it should be in the commisioning file they create a PRX noise value of 112. When set to Nokia they produce a MHA alarm.

I just wondered if any one else had problems and what cured them.

Valerijs

The value -112dBm is defenetly wrong. It is look that your MHA does not work! (do not aplifier the signal) Check the PRX value
    when MHA is disabled (remove attinuation witch compensate the MHA) in commisionin file. I believe that the value will be about -102dBm?

Briny

Yes I am aware of this as I am not only and engineer but a rigger as well I swept the feeder systems with a wiltron and they passed 100%

I am just looking for any other causes that people may have come across, but thxs for the input much appreicated Valerijs

Danny MBNL/E/// Uk

Prx noise, there is no single fix for it, it can be related to intereference Dect 6 is a big problem in the uk. But essentially it points to incorrect build/faulty kit, power pays a big part as does call volume. I’m currently working on the noise issue now on our project all site issue’s are post the T-Mo and 3Uk consolidation, Flexi mainly but some ultra site’s also. Generally if the noise sit’s around 111+ then it could be a build issue, check and confirm MHA type poer settings etc also check ucu settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.