Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Mean Holding Time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    John

For the mean holding time that we use in the Erlang Equation, E.g. If the BHCA = 60,000, Total Call duration in the network per hour = 6,000,000 seconds, the BHCC = 30,000.

What is the mean call holding time that we should take in the Erlang equation?

6,000,000 / 60,000 = 100s MHT or
    6,000,000 / 30,000 = 200s MHT

Pix

BHCC and BHCA… can you give us the definition of those indicators ? each vendor uses different names and i’m not used to those ones.

Pix

ok, it’s busy hour call completions and attempts.

i would use the BHCC, to know the duration of a call, at a network level. at the cell level, the calculation should include the attempts minus the outgoing handovers..

however, don’t you find it scary you’re having 50% of the attempts that don’t “complete” … i hope it is just an example 🙂 normally, those two values shouldn’t be too far apart (call success rate should be at least 96%, in an average network).

prakash

if I have a network to dimension which has 2000Er at 1% GoS per module, 35mE/sub, BHCA/sub of 2.0, what would be the maximum BHCA the switch can generate ?

Rizvi

if I have a network to dimension which has 2000Er at 1% GoS per module, 35mE/sub, BHCA/sub of 2.0, what would be the maximum BHCA the switch can generate ?

the approximate subscriber is 2000*1000/35=572K.

Hence calculated BHCA is 572000*2=1144000 or 1144K. Infact, in practical cases the aforementioned BHCA will be different since subscriber is consist of prepaid and post paid subscribers. In this case BHCA will minimum 1.3 times of 1144K ie. 1500K.

thats all………what i understood.

prakash

good morning Rizvi

thanks for your help.In your calculation, may I know what the 1000 represents ?

I picked the parameters from a working switch and the BHCA given was 500K/module at 30,000subs.

Rizvi

Good Morning Prakash u too,
    Basically the parameter u provided in earlier 35 mErl. to find the subscribers, we need to consider Erl. Hence convert from mErl to Erl, the 1000 is multiplied.

Another can u provide little described where u work and which vendor equipment u handling.

thanks a lot.
    with best regards,
    Rivi

Parveen

Whats the formulla for MHT

Bilal

MHT = 3600 * Carried Traffic(Erlang)/Number of established connections

sam

what is the definition of MHT
    is it mean holding time of circuit seizure OR mean holding time of call establishment (befor call connexion)

aso

dear Sam
    there is difference that there are two holding time
    1- channel holding time.
    2- call holding time
    and the difference is channel holding time is less than call holding time there fore the first one is for call establish an latter is for continuity for the call with the performing for Handover.
    thanks

MHT !!!

Thanks a lot ASO for your valuable reply.
    but i meant the MHT of core network part (not radio part)
    i.e the mean holding time of links wich are between nodes (MSCs).
    is it the whole call duration with call time establishement included ?

sniper

hi everybody now i discover this forum it’s fun
    i hav a question concerning the MHT, what is the cause of MHT in the operator netwok?
    is it the same cause or it differ in function of the duration of MHT?
    do you think that MHT is a significative indicator in a operator network

pix

hello sniper,

mht is not a problem : it is the average call duration. typical values range from 40s to 120s, and it just reflects the subscriber behaviour.

if it’s between those values, then it’s fine.
    if MHT = 5s, then you either have a lot of handovers (too much, actually) or a hardware problem : the TRX is shutting down the call after few seconds.

Ali

Dear ,
    For MSC the MHT is
    3600*(avg(amount of traffic calls)/100)/sum(total ok calls)
    it is in seconds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.