Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Problem between main diversity rx level

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dayanidhi

i have one problem i am using Nokia double cabinet in ultrasite bts now i am getting one alarm rx level is in between main and diversity

with regards

A.S.ayanidhi

Sachin

Try undertaking power checks of the sector. Many a times the reverse power in one of the TRX path causes the alarm, carry out checks at BTS top and antenna entry end.

daynidhi

dear sachin thank you sir

patrick

when you make a commissioning of ultrasite there is a check of antenna.

When alarm “rx level is between main and div” there is a problem on the main or div.

In begin, find RSSI COMPARAISON VALUE menu in ULTRASITE manager.

In colonne DIFFERENCE, if you have more than 4 or 5, you have a ross problem. => reason why alarm “rx difference…” coming.

You can also test TRX => TRX test, you have test of main and div.

Josh T-M

All that this alarm is saying is that you have a difference between you main and diversity anttena lines. I have 5 years experience with Ultrasites and Talkfamily before that. The alarm parameter is set in your BSC so make sure that the parameter is not set to low usually less than 10dB of difference is acceptable.
    Next if this parameter is set correctly go to your BTS and complete a return loss system sweep and make sure that your two lines that you are recieving on are passing to your spec on the uplink path. If they and you are using a tower mounted amplifier(TMA/LNA) make sure that it has the correct amp draw. One of these should more than likely be your problem. If not you may also check that all of the cableing inside your cabinet is correct and tight.

Zahid Khan

Halo every1, multicopler performs signal splitting for both main and diversity signal. I dont get it, how this task is handled by multicpler????

NA

Multicoupler is just a simple passive component. and just working as frequency splitter or think it is a filter, thats it.
    thanks

ASHUTOSH CHANDA

ALARM COMING THAT IS RX LEVEL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAIN AND DIVERSITY ANTENNA, ACTUALLY VSWR IS 1.26 IN MAIN AND IN DIVERSITY 1.32 BUT STILL ALARM IS COMING I SWAPPED THE TRX DUPLEXER AND ALL THE EQUIPMENT IN THE SECTOR EXCEPT GSM ANTENNA BUT STILL ALARM IS COMING I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE ALARM IS COMING

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.