Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang B .v. Poisson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WEN

Is there anybody who knows the difference between Erlang table and Poisson Capacity table, which is better to predict trunk capacity.

thanks.

WEN

Tom Howard

Erlang B and Poisson (or Molina, as it is known in Europe) are similar, with one major exception.

Erlang B assumes that blocked calls leave the system immediately and do not return. Poisson assumes that blocked calls remain in the system for the length of their call duration, had they been answered.

Poisson’s assumption is usually wrong, but in practice, Molina can be used to take retries into account; that is, calls which return immediately if they are blocked (people redialling if they hear busy).

For low blocking levels, the difference is probably negligible. I prefer to use Extended Erlang B to model retries though, because it allows you to set the percentage of calls which will retry if they encounter busy.

Cheers,
    Tom.

WEN

Tom,

Thank you for your response. Could you tell me where I can find the extended Erlang B table.

Thank you in advance.

WEN

Tom Howard

Hi,

I’ve never seen the Extended Erlang B table published (as a table). Unlike Erlang B, I don’t think it’s on the ITU Web site.

There is an online calculator on this web site so you can try the model out. Click here to try it.

You could make your Extended Erlang B table in an Excel workbook using Erlang for Excel.

Ruber Castro

Could anybody tell me the Poisson Formula or where can i find it?

Thanks,

RC

BINOD K SINGH

Hi!

Can you send me a soft copy of the whole Erlang B table and the method to use it.

Thanks and Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.