Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

high call setup time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    harry

Hi all
    we have nokia DX200 and nokia BSS . We are observing high callset up time , can anybody tell us from where we have to start investigating.

Regards
    harry

Pavel

Due to my expirience- call set up time is very dependent of NSS part, but not from BSS.

Last time, when I had this problem – there was a problem on core signalling(c7) network.

So, pay your attention to signalling links between BSC and MSC (A-int). Due to vendors recommendation- it shouln’t be more than 40% per link.

harry

Hi pavel

I have checked the link utilization .. which is much below than 40%.

Pavel

And what about stablity and quality of links. Du you have stable transport nwetwork(SDH/PDH)?

By the way, which speech codec been used between TCSM and BSC? Try to play with codecs- may be it is related with any AMR parameters, if you use it.

Vanderley

Check also if you have compression somewhere on the link (usualy between MSC’s).

DJ

AMR in GSM ?

Guys can u explain me this ?

Rgds

Vanderley

Hi,

AMR stands for Adaptive Multi Rate speech codec. This actually is a set of speech codec modes at different bit rates.
    Bitrates are 12.2-FR1; 10.2-FR2; 7.95-FR3/HR1; 7.4-FR4/HR2; 6.7-FR5/HR3; 5.9-FR6/HR4; 5.15-FR7/HR5, and 4.75-FR8/HR6.
    AMR FR are 22.8kbps and AMR HR are 11.4kbps. The rest is the channel coding. I meen for example for FR8: speech coding 4.75 and 22.8-4.75=18.05 channel coding. This increases the robustness to channel errors due to bad radio conditions pretty much. In fact they say that the same quality as EFR at 10dB C/I could be achieved with AMR-FR at 4dB C/I.

I hope this helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.