Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

3g related informations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    muhammad Arshad

Dear All,

I would like to start discusions on 3G RELATED INFORMATION IN THIS POSTING.
    So that we people update ourselves.
    Kindly post your queries.

Md.Arshad

Francis Idachaba

Dear all,
    With the increase in 3g networks based on CDMA what happens to all the GSM infrastructure.

Francis Idachaba

yogesh_rf

hi guys ,
    I am a Senior GSM Optimization Engineer and i would also like to join you all in 3G related discussions

BR//
    yogesh_rf@yahoo.com

DJ

Doesnt matter CDMA/GSM …for 3G you have to spent equivalent amount.

Rgds

avi

hi all,

i have a question, i india the GSM 2.5G system is working but and i read that initially when the 3G deployment starts the 2.5G core network will be used for supporting 3G. I just want to know how that is going to happen, and weather that will differ from vendor to vendor.

Muhammad Arshad

Dear Francis,
    In 3G, the transport network is based on WCDMA but the core will become softswitch based which separate the payload from control layer.so the core portion we can reutilise from GSM.

muhammad arshad

MUHAMMAD ARSHAD

Dear AVI,
    I think you r benifitted by my reply to Francis.
    Moreover,in 3G We will replace BSCs by RNC and BTS by Node B.The work of MSC is distributed in MSC Server(control part)and Media Gateway(traffic or payload).
    The remaining Core network remains to be same i mean to say HLR,EIR etc.We may have many ways to migrate from 2.5G to 3G.
    By the way with whom you r working in INDIA

Muhammad Arshad

Avi

Dear Arshad,
    thanks,
    this reply seems to have made the things clear. rest i can get from the manuals.
    I am working for Alcatel BSS in india.
    I think the answer is specific to nokia system.

Avi

Hi all,
    please explain the difference between cannelisation code and scrambling cone in WCDMA. specially their function in uplink and downlink.

muhammad arshad

Dear AVI,

Channelisation codes can increase signal bandwidth using orthogonal codes while scrambling does not effect the signal bandwidth using pseudo noise codes.
    In D/L chanelisation codes can separate diff users in the one cell/sector
    In U/L IT CAN ONLY SEPARATE THE PHYSICAL CHANNELS/SEVICES OF ONE USER BECAUSE THE MOBILES ARE NOT SYNH. IN TIME
    To avoid interference between users scrambling codes are used

muhammad arshad
    arshad6977@yahoo.com

Avi

hi arshad,
    thanks for the reply.
    i have one more question, in WCDMA the UE r not synchronised to the Network. how does this work?

avi

hi all,
    what is the difference between a dedicated user channel and a physical channel. in case of WCDMA air interface.

avi

“In downlink user channels are seperated by channelisation code”

“in uplink terminals are seperated by scrambling code”

are these two lines trying to explain the same functions performed in uplink and downlink if not what is the difference in the two lines.

md. arshad

It is possible that two mobiles are using same chanelising code so in order to separate diff. users in the uplink, scrambling code are used.
    dedicated ch. reserved for a single user, supporting fast power control and soft HO.
    common channel can be used by any user

Govindaraj

Hi,

Any one can Explain the Node B comissioning procedure…….

Is it same like Ultrasite comissioning or what will be difference in hardware point of view…

Thanks

Govindaraj
    Hyderabad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.