Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson AXE 10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Don

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem im having. I have limited experience in switching and i am trying to put together a test plan on how to test the line cards for a BYB 202 system. Could someone tell me what i would need in order to test this card using a minimal amount of equipment. I am being told that I require an APZ, IOG, Group switch and an RPH magazine. Any help would be grateful on this matter. Thanks

Bob Smith

line cards are just an Interface to incomming PCM,unless tou have the tools to test (Ericcon) then you may be going nowhere

Donald Bryan

Do you have any information on the set up that could help in any way Bob?

Bob Smith

I do not what is needed to test, a line card, from the old BYB 202 system, maybe there are test tools out there, when I worked on 202, if faulty, re packed and sent back to Erissson, basically replaced it from the spares

Cheers
    Bob

cuneytt

I wonder if tehere is anyone who can help me about writing script?

coldfire222

hi all,

i think test scenarios / test plan are already avaialable in the H-module of alex particularly for byb 202 which is kinda old hw. the document can be asked from ELS

cf222

Wallis Dudhnath

In the past I used to look at the Linecards for wireline POTS / ISDN.

The Linecards provided the following capabilites:-

-Battery feed for the two-wire interface (A and B Legs)
    -Overload Protection to alleviate potential damage to the delicate SLIC / SLAC circuits
    -Ringing. Ringing current for the CPE.
    -Signalling. Conveying signals to the CPE: Off-hook dial tone, Ringing signal for the CPE bell, on-hook
    Signal, etc..
    -Codec. Enabled speech signals to be sampled, quantised and encoded by the PCM SLIC/SLAC circuits
    -Hybrid Circuit. Enabled the conversion of Two Wire to Four Wires (RX / TX)
    Test Network. Test the Two-Wire interface.

Recommend that you re-use the standard AXE10 installation / commisioning test cases. These are basically
    a standard set of tests that can be customised.

If you are performing basic Wireline POTS testing then you can equip several CPE to the AXE10 switch.
    Calls can be setup and the wireline signalling validated. Time duration should e noted for each call and this
    should be cross checked with the Toll Ticket (Charging Data Record – CDR). Loop Disconnect and MF4 signalling
    should be checked. For SS7, a loopback route can be setup on the AXE10 BYB switch.

For performance testing you will need Traffic Generators with the AXE10 Linecards.

Reference:

CLIC – Complete Line Interface Circuit

PCM – Pulse Code Modulation

SLIC – Subscriber Line Interface Circuit

SLAC – Subscriber Line Audio Circuit

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

mustafa

Hi,

With AXE10 exchange, how do I adjust time and date which are wrong when the list of alarm appears by ALLIP?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.