Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ACM messages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ali

hi could any body solve my problem. Actually im an NSS engineer in BSNL. There is a strange problem comming over in our network. Whenever a call is being made to a busy mobile subscriber from PSTN it gives him a congestion tune instead of busy tune or busy announcement. after going through through all the CCS7 traces we found that the ACM is being sent correctly with user busy information but still the call is released from PSTn exchange. Discussing for long with NOKIA people i suspected that in the ACM message the inband signalling info is sent which is confusing because i came to know that we can not send both the inband signalling and user busy info at the same time i.e either of the two has to be sent to let the originating exchange understand the ACM properly.
    Tell me where im wrong and what is the solution for this all…
    thx

Mik

Hello,
    in fact, ACM with cause code and in-band info can be sent at the same time – pls see Q764 – 2.2.4 Tones and announcements. As far as i understand – it have to work as following – originating PSTN must generate statistic record about failed call due B-BUSY but does not disconnect trunk in order a-subscriber listens announcement. Then the circuit is released after REL with CC=31

Ali

thx for replying.. but the problem still persists after even exhausting stusy. I have now escalated the problem to Nokia product line.. They are also of the view that inband sugnalling info and user busy messages can not be sent simultaneously. Even though i compared the SS7 traces of othet PSTN exchanges transiting from same PSTN where im getting problem but the trace is same and i do get the busy tone but not the announcement. im confused…….

Ali

thx for replying.. but the problem still persists after even exhausting stusy. I have now escalated the problem to Nokia product line.. They are also of the view that inband sugnalling info and user busy messages can not be sent simultaneously. Even though i compared the SS7 traces of othet PSTN exchanges transiting from same PSTN where im getting problem but the trace is same and i do get the busy tone but not the announcement. im confused…….

Bob Smith

I would suspect the far end, I’ve seen ACM ( Address Complete Message C7 or SS7) sent multiple times, only should be sent once, investigate the other end

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.