Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Drive test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    saleem

Is there any freeware available by which can organize a mini drive test tool with GPS and GSM phone

saleem

pls help

Pix

main issue is that you must find a phone that transmits the measurements to the computer. a “normal” phone will not do it. and a “test” phone will cost thousands of dollars. that is the most expensive and complicated part of the drive-test tool…
    the PC software is nothing much than collecting the data…

Manoj

Pix you mean to say nothing much can be done.Nobody has developed even an amateur code for the same ?

Pix

Manoj,

No, i’m not saying that you can’t do anything 🙂 i’m saying that first you should work on developing a code (or finding it) for the phone.

I know that Alcatel phones can display the measurements values on the screen (by default !), and that a special application can be installed on Nokia phones to do that. So displaying values on the screen is possible… now, to make them “output” through a data cable, i dunno… Many people play around with nokia phones OS, you should google it and join the community (i’m not part of it, sorry).

The computer software should be a relatively “easy” thing to do, even with little progamming skills.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.