Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AMR,how to calculate erlangs

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mohammad

Hi all

I dont know why CDR increased after AMR activation.
    I have same situation in my network.
    can somebody help me about real usfull AMR parameter utilisation.

Pix

hi guys,

i don’t know why the CDR increases, but may i suggest you perform some drive-tests to investigate the problem ?

check also what are the usage of each codec, how many handovers are caused by AMR ? FR to HR, HR to FR ? Due to capacity constraints or interference ?

yogesh_rf

hi mohammed and RIZ,
    it is known that implementing AMR will decrease the SQI,BER,FER etc.Calls may be dropping due to high no. of intracell handovers in AMR.also check for AMR THRESHOLD AND AMR HYSTERESIS VALUES in Parameters.please check for congestion too.

Rgds
    Yogesh

Mohammad

Hi Yogesh

Thanks.

Whats u opinion if i disable intracell HO with increase THRESHOLD for HO between FR-HR and HR-FR.
    Can i have your AMR THRESHOLD AMR HYSTERESIS VALUES.

Best Regard.

yogesh_rf

hi mohammed,

You can increase the threshold Rxqual from 4 to 5 for intracelll handover and the values for hysteresis are normally between 2-4 db,and the values for thresholds for AMR-HR ,FR is normally 7db-20 db rspectively,kindly check for database first and their default values too.

Best Rgds
    Yogesh_rf

Nishant

In our network Cells with more than 30% half rate AMR traffic are showing poor TCH completion rate.Can anybody suggest me the solution to improve this.

Omar

Hi all.

Some questions:
    1)Are you using default AMR parameters recommended by Nokia ?
    2)What is the amount of circuits in the A-interfase reserved for AMR and FR/EFR codecs ?

You can verify the aprox. penetration of AMR users by report 245 in NWDoctor

BR

nishant

hi omar,

yes we r using default AMR parameters recommended by nokia.

AMR fullrate and half rate utilisation is note more than 70% in Busy hour.

Omar

Check:
    -AMR radiolink timeout (ARLT)in all the BTSs, I´ve seen high dcr when this value is less than 20mS
    -Check the dimensionning of AMR (pool-23) and FR/EFR(pool-20) CGR’s, if you don´t have enough circuits it is possible dcr
    -Check In TCSM, the DL DTX setting, ON is only for Test purposes. Anyway since should be always OFF, check that TSL are OFF for all TCSM.

Earl

In my country we are implementing AMR now.
    Can anyone tell me more about AMR?
    Can anyone also tell me how to activate AMR on the TEMS investigation from ericsson?
    I am new to the telecom sector,and I want to learn a lot.

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.