Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

New to Telecom

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Wallis Dudhnath.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Narendra Singh

Hi Every body
    This is narendra totally new to telecom Industry so i have little confusion to understand the the Telecom Sector please do me little favour to understand all – Signalling n all

pudu

hai narendra singh

well signalling is of 2 types. common channel signalling and channel associated signalling.

channel associated means wherein signalling happens as in the same E1s as the traffic medium.

common channel means wherein signalling and traffic are seperated.

common channel has advantages over the cas. some of them are a)no dedicated resources for signalling
    b) we can dedicate resources based on traffic.

Vikrant

I am very new to telcom domain.However I am an electronics engineer.I am working on the profile of testing Engineer. Can somebody suggest me the basic level tutorials or links where I can enhance my knowlege in this domain. I want to learn OSS/BSS and fundamentals of telecommunication

Wallis Dudhnath

Apologies for the very late response / answer.

Signalling is a fundamental part of Telecommunication.

Signalling is the main vehicle that is used to initiate, maintain and clear down Telecommunication circuits / resources. In the past analog signalling (e.g. R2, Multi-Frequency
    Compelled (MFC), etc..) was used with Analag Switches (e.g. Crossbar, Strowger, TXE, etc..).

With the requirements for ISDN – Integrated Services Digital Network – and enhanced Services (e.g. Calling Line Identity, Call Waiting, Three Party Calls, Call Forwarding based on busy / no response, Ring Back When Free, Centrex, etc..) the Local Switching Exchanges and the signalling had to be modernised. This required the fast adoption of Stored Program Control (SPC) Telephone Exchanges (“Switches”) with a digital signalling system. SS7 – Signalling System
    Number 7 – proved to be a versatile signalling solution for Telecommunication Networks. SS7 could cater for Connection-Orientated
    or Connection-Less signalling. Connection Orientated was used to secure resources (Time Slots) for traditional Telephony Calls.
    Connection-Less signalling was used with applications that would make “dips” into a Database. Good examples is with Intelligent Networks (IN) and
    HLR (Home Location Register).

SS7 is now conveyed via IP – Internet Protocol. Telecommunication Networks now use Sigtran – Signalling Transport (IP) – to convey SS7.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.