Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TCH Congestion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Juli

Dear All,

I’m Juli from Indonesia….
    I’m work on Ericsson BTS Engineer, I have problem with TCH Congestion, the value always zero (0).

How do solve this problem, anyone can help me, please.

Thanks.

pudu

hai
    can you explain more on this.

Pix

Juli,

TCH Congestion = 0% is good, it means your traffic capacity is not exceeded by the current traffic demand…

There are many possible problems in radio optimization, but this one is not a problem 🙂

yogesh_rf

hai juli,
    Its gd if TCH congestion is 0.wts da pblm i m nt gettin, wt exactly u wnt 2 knw!!!!!!!!!!

BR//
    yogesh_rf

Juli

Thanks, Pix for your explanation but my problem is like this :

Subscriber Perceived TCH Congestion(%) =

100 * (CNRELCONG + TNRELCONG) / TASSALL

the value for CNRELCONG counter is always zero for all cell before is not like this.

So refer to the ericsson document, that The counters are not incremented if CLEAR REQUEST has been sent previously.

I’m already check the OBJTYPE in BSC in already define.

How solve this counter problem, please help ? because already 2 month the problem not solving yet.

Thanks.

Pix

Juli,

Ok, so it is a problem counter ? You’re sure ?

Well, in this case, you have to highlight the issue to the technical support of Ericsson BSS, because it should be a quite complicated problem to solve. In worst case, they might have to dig into the databases and Abis traces…

Since I’m not in E/// systems, i can’t help more than this… Good luck !

Daniel

Juli,

could you please be more precise regarding your problem.
    The counter CNRELCONG belongs to OBJTYPE CLSDCCH and is the Number of SDCCHs released due to radio resource congestion. Why do you say that you have TCH Congestion ?
    You should check OBJTYPE CELTCHF or CELTCHH, the first one is regarding Cell TCH Full Rate Statistics and the second is regarding Cell TCH Half Rate statistics, both of them have counters for TCH congestion.

Ani

Hi Juli

Has there been a SW upgrade in the OSS or BSC side?

Counters usually has some problems after SW upgrades.

pudu

hi juli

do u have any funda about raw reports in ericsson. are you referring to raw reports or the reports from perf. measurement tool.

yogesh_rf

hi all,
    cn anybdy pls tell me solution of my pblm.,i am finding BAD SQI in my network ranges are 12-21dbq.in my BSC GSM-FR is enabled,my FER,BER are very ok.I know that SQI depends on BER,FER,HANDOVERS,and CODEC used,now in GSM-FR SQI always ranges -20 to +21.IN my KPIs SQI should be >=20.Can it be pblm of MOBILE CODEC or BTS CODEC or XCDR.howand what to check for!!!

Rgds
    Yogesh Singh

Pix

Hi Yogesh,

have you noticed at which point the SQI goes down ? (while in interference areas, during HO, or when there is no sound received on the mobile phone (= the one talking to you is silent) ?)

Be sure to call a test number that continuously emits a noise (I set up a music loop for our test number), otherwise you might measure “fake” low SQI.

yogesh_rf

hi pix,
    thanks for above,actually i am using the same test no.,i was using for EFR sites,site is stand alone,no interference,no handovers(FACCH will come in use instead ofTCH,in case of handover so SQI will be BAD.)strange is that FER is also ok,MS CODEC cnt be a pblm as in case of EFR my SQI plots are coming OK(SQI

Vanderley

Hi,
    SQI is influenced hard by DTX. try to disable DTX and check again.

yogesh_rf

hi vanderley,

Thanks for above but i have already seen this DTX is already disabled,FER is ok,so my frames are received,can rainy season have an impact,or moisture in mobile CODEC can be the reason or can it be a problem of XCDR,or BTS CODEC,NO ALARMS in site.Is there any parameter to check this in motorola equipment.

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

Souad

Hello.. Is there anyone using siemens equipment for the radio network… I would like to ask some questions on the counters giving the TCH/SDCCH blocking and the formula…

Thanks …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.