Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

strange Interference in CDMA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RF

Dear All
    theses days we pass by strange interference really i have never see like it before , mostly of our site are affected by this interefernce and it’s happend on the sites near by the sea and not all ( there are some sites near by the sea and not affected) but all the sector which there azimuth are oriented to the sea are affected , and this interference happend at the same time , can somebody advice ?

for more details we have already analyzed the spectrum in whole the PCS band and also from 1.5 G to 2 G and the noise floor ( when the antenna oriented to the sea) is very hight ( -87dbm)
    our frequency is 1.9G,

please advice

Stve

Problem seems due to different layer density of air. When the air density reaches a certain level where the refraction index becomes enough for total refraction of the signal then refracted signal reaches destination with different time difference which may cause this type of interference.

RF

what do you avice ?

Pix

RF,

You could simply modify the density of the air… ๐Ÿ˜€

Stve,

Don’t you think this phenomena shall be very rare ? Usually such refraction would propagate the radio waves further away (= ducting effect ?), but refracting back to the original emitting point… that’s weird. I know nothing about this, but your post is very interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLOS
    http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/propagation/common/atmosphere.php

What about external interferer ? (army radar ?)
    Did those intereferences occured only at certain time of the day ? Are they still occuring ?

When you did your spectreum analysis, did you shut down your sites ? Or are you measuring frequency bands that are not used ?

If you find -87dBm noise in frequency bands that you are not using, it’s either a very weird natural phenomena or an external radio device… a powerful one.

Please let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

RF

Dear Pix
    this phenomena happen random but almost everyday , and when we made frequency scan our sites was on, we can’t switch off all of them!!!!

waiting your replay
    best regards

Pix

RF,

you’re facing a problem i’ve never seen before… i will not be able to help much, but doing frequency scannings and communicating with the local army is a good start ?

i undestand you can’t switch your sites off ๐Ÿ˜€

One thing you didn’t answer : are you measuring signal in frequency bands you’re not emitting with your sites ?

RF

Dear Pix
    yeah i have already scaned whole the CDMA band ( include the frequency that we dont emitting on it )

and i have another problem i have never seem before some subscriber make registration in two differents BTSs are from differents BSC at the same time

Tufail

Hi RF

U said “some subscriber make registration in two differents BTSs are from differents BSC at the same time”

then its true tht the signal frm ur own n/w r ducting thru air to da area of interference..

in my opinion u better optimize those sites under which the subs r registering, without being in there area…

i feel like this..

hope it may help.

tufail

Tech Man

RF,

If I can correctly recollect it, there was a similar problem faced by another team elsewhere. The external interference problem in that case emnated from the sea too ! Then, the cause of the problem was found to be a High Power marine radio on a Merchant Ship parked off the coast, which illegally using the same frequency band as the GSM service provider.

Check it out, you might be facing a similar situation.

Pix

Yep, you have an illegal external emitter somewhere above the sea. Better call the cops, mate ๐Ÿ™‚

The two identical registrations might not be related to this issue. Are both cells using the same radio ID ? (i’m not sure about CDMA, the way the registration works ?)

RF

do you think this interference come from ships?we have already made frequency scan and show that all the band are affected by this interference(1.5G to 2G) CDMA Band 1.9G!!! and what more in the same site only the sector are oriented to the sea are affected and others are normal!! and in some others sites two sectors are oriented to the sea one affected and the other one are not affected

and for the registration it’s the same as frequency update in GSM

best regards

Pix

RF,

you are saying : the whole frequency bands are polluted by noise, even the ones we’re not emitting on.

Therefore, something must create that polluting signal (signal = energy… you need a source somewhere because energy doesn’t appear by itself).

Something on the water, creating a strong high-freq radio signal ? Well, yes, a ship. Or a whale. A geeky one… ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.