Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Reasons for low ASR and CSR

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    pix

“I think you can! Put some penality on the subscribers for not answering ;)”

😀

“Or subscriber status is updated in all switch points. So if a subscriber is unavailable, No network resources are seized. Just local switch announces subscriber unavailable…”

it’s hard to know whether a subscriber will be able to answer its phone or not ! “no answer” means the phone’s ringing, but the sub can’t reach its phone, isn’t it ? there’s no way to plan it, unless we put a GPS on the phone, a GPS on (or in ?) the user, check the distance between them, and see if the user is moving fast enough :))

Muhammad Abu Bakar

“it’s hard to know whether a subscriber will be able to answer its phone or not ! “no answer” means the phone’s ringing, but the sub can’t reach its phone, isn’t it ? there’s no way to plan it, unless we put a GPS on the phone, a GPS on (or in ?) the user, check the distance between them, and see if the user is moving fast enough :))”

By subscriber I mean both the subscribers. If ‘A’ party subscriber generates too many attempts, then why not impose some charges upon him.

Arvin

Thank you for your enigmatic answers muhammad and to pix also.

I would like to clarify this concern,since,sometimes, “no answer” issue resulted from the user behaviour, who doesn’t answer the call when his/her cellphone rings,but perhaps it could be the result as well when the called subscriber’s cellphone received a loss of signal from the cellsite at the time when the calling subscriber calls the said subscriber,then the calling party received a “no answer” display from his/her cellphone at the same time no RBT heard.

Another phenomenon on the “no answer” issue incurred before “error in connection” displayed on the cellphone of a calling party after the said party initiates a call to the called party.

I am referring this on the GSM platform not on the PSTN side…

I hope you can share me as well on how to improve and minimize the said issue.

Your contribution to this is highly appreciated.

regards,

Muhammad Abu Bakar

Hello Arvin,

Quote: ” before “error in connection” displayed on the cellphone of a calling party after the said party initiates a call to the called party.”

Quote: “when the called subscriber’s cellphone received a loss of signal from the cellsite at the time when the calling subscriber calls the said subscriber”

Regarding your comments, I am not sure whether or not RF Signal Problems register as “No Answer” in the serving switches. And I never thought about it. Acutually I have experience for CDMA system only. However I think that if no channel were seized between Subscriber and BTS then it shouldn’t be a CNA.

Arvin

Quote : “RF Signal Problems register as “No Answer” in the serving switches”

Hi Muhammad ,by the way, I would like to clarify as specified above,may I know where is this particular switches you have mentioned?Is this in the BTS side?

I guess I will have to look out this one first..since our network operates in the GSM and we are still on the 2nd phase of our 3G WCDMA. Are you working in what particular country?

Thank you very much for your usual support.It really appreciated.

Muhammad Abu Bakar

Arvin,
    I am working as NSS/Core network engg. While observing stats/performance report of the MSC Soft switch(CSOFTX3000 Huawei) we come across the parameter CNA (Calls not answered. My comments came from that background. BTS is not a switching equipment in my view.

I am working in Pakistan. May I know about your field of work?

Arvin

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your help.I am working as a CS Core Network Optimization here in the Philippines,that’s why,I opted to consult someone who have expertise regarding my concern,and thanks that you came to answer my query,yes exactly , BTS is not a switch,its only a transport system that only relays the information to and from the MS.We also using a Huawei MSC (CSOFTX3000)as well as ericsson too in our network.By the way,do you have any idea,why some of the network has low outgoing calls based on the ASR? is there failure on E1 for outbound calls on this?what parameters,we are going to check,regardless of blocking circuits,trunkgroup configurations,rouding table…what other else?leased line connection status?

Thanks,

Arvin

Muhammad Abu Bakar

Hi Arvin,

Take my apologies for late reply. I am also happy to find you here and have a few words togather. I hope we can help each other. Will you share your email address? We can better investigate ASR and other problems if the full problem details are available

Thanks
    Abu Bakar

Arvin

Hi muhammad,here is my email address: arvinenerio@gmail.com,for any inquiries,you may kindly email me anytime for the betterment of our network…

Thank you once again.

Keep you in touch.

ARvin

Hi Muhammad,

Good day.

May I know the standard cause value for operator determined barring – incoming call barring in your network?

I hope you can assist me on this.

thanks.

naser

hii friends

as i know to increase the ASR you have to provide some features(and low cost) for your subscribers like call forward and VMS…

gaurav katiyar

hi,
    i just want to confirm right now i am in india and working as core engg. my Network PSR is very Low only 74% we already check all the parametrs, all the issue;s still it not upto the mark. the syestem is ZTE system

Brother

PSR is low: did you try to split LAC area,

gaurav katiyar

yes i try to to split Lac area also but after that value is 79% only,

Linh

Hello all

Our system’s using CSoftX3000 (Huawei) for CDMA network.
    Can CSoftX3000 be used for VoIP call (SIP Call)?
    Thanks you

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.