Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Interference and One Way communication

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Hi,
    we have a problem in our network,located on all sites from one BSC.
    All comminication`are chopped for such as we lose some words.
    We made a rest of the bsc and nothing has changed.
    I think about BSC elements, but I don’t know where to start as there is no alarm.It’s Nortel equipment.
    Have you got any idea?
    Thks,

Jeff

We always have the same problem and we also hear some bip,have one way communication and drop calls.
    We have reset the BSC-no result-,then switched the IEM-no result- and also resEt the TCU-no result-.
    Areal nightmare.
    Moreover the other operator and a part of the neighbor island that have another PLMN has the same problem.
    Should we reset the MSC???
    What do you think about this problem?

pix

jeff, if you and the other opreator have the exact same issue, it can’t be your MSC !

And if it happens only in one area, i would check the Abis and Ater transmissions lines quality also (those lines might be going through the same equipment as the other operator ? satellite, FH ?).
    If it’s a problem in the BSC equipment, I can’t help…

Which island is it ?

Jeff

Hi,
    in fact one way communication was only in one site which have had its capacity increased a few days before the general problem in the island of CURACAO.
    The added FH weren’t properly connected so conection beteween the added DRX and the BSC was opened.
    The other problems are still there in both operators.
    Some times we can ear some bip-bip-bip continuously till a drop call.
    Somes times there are some holes in our conversation till a drop.
    We don’t know the origin of this problem but this problem appears in calls;
    OPERATOR1-OPERATOR1
    OPERATOR1-FIX
    OPERATOR2-OPERATOR2
    OPERATOR2-FIX
    Alof this since the start of a training of the army that has put on air some army antenna throurough the island.Moreover there are some Navy boat around the island.
    We think that they don’t use our frequencies,but we wonder how they can disturb GSM Networks with other frequencies…

Thanks

Jeff

Hi,
    the autorities of telecommunication has investigated and found that the source was the army.INCREDIBLE!!!

Pix

wooow… do you know which frequencies they were using ? Was it right inside the GSM900 band ?
    great you found your problem 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.