Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BSS

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years ago by RF.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Dear all,
    between 2 cells from different sites it’s recommended for them not to be synchronized,whereas 2 cells from the same site should be synchronized.
    Do you know why?
    Thanks

pix

best case : all cells are synchronized all over the network. It nallows faster handovers.

normal case : it is impossible to synchronize cells from different BTS (unless using GPS synchronization), whereas cells within a BTS are always synchronized (they share the same clock).

Jeff

Do you really think it’s possible to synchronise cells all aver the network???
    Thanks for your answer…
    I can see you’re present in a lot of forum:)

pix

well, it’s interesting to learn about situations other telecoms engineers are facing. I’m really glad I found this forum !

frankly, i don’t think it is possible to synchronize all cells of a network… It would mean all BTS are loaded with a GPS device, which is a bit unrealistic. And it is useless, because non-synchronized HO are working perfectly fine anyway 🙂

M.Thyagarajan

It is possible and implemented in many parts of india , we have synchronised BTS (Cluster of BTS), not only it improves the handover performance it is usefull for frequency hopping situation.

regards

Phaysal

Hi,
    If talking abt CDMA, all BTS are recommended to be equipped with GPS. In Pakistan as well, telco’s are using GPS for SYNCing their networks. But the question is how much the sync affects the network KPIs.

Thyagarajan, can u give some statistical ideas?!!

RF

Dears

if your GPS are affected ( the number of satellite connected with your GPS low then 4 ) you risk to have SHO failure

Regards

Phaysal

Hi,
    This may not always be the case, coz clocks based on GPS can provide holdover for more than 25 hrs normally. If u lose GPS signal, LO would be able to keep the equipment synced, until u get ur GPS fixed!

What do u say!?

RF

Dear Phaysal
    the GPS synchronize all the BTS with BSC ,and in CDMA we have sot , softer handoff , and also MS& BTS have rake receiver for these we need to GPS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.