Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Alcatel BSS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Shahnawaz

is any one out there working with Alcatel Evolium BSS, and what kind of problem they are facing with Alcatel BSCs and BTS
    lets discuss it all..

Pix

Hi Shahnawaz,

I do work on the radio BSS of Alcatel, release B8. No major issue so far, just the usual daily maintenance but overall the network is quite clean (cuz I’m working on it ? hehehe)

What about you ?

Shahnawaz

hello Pix,
    which TS on ater mux u have locked..i mean to say we are blocking TS14 & TS31….as per Alcatel support, these TS will cause high BSS drops…wats ur experience.

Avinash Sharma

Hi Shahnawaz,
    whats the problem u r facing that makes u block the TS14 & TS31.As far as i know TS14 and 31 are used as traffic circuits on ATER so this wont lead to any problem only call wont land on those time slots if they r blocked. what do u say.

pix

i’ve never noticed such a thing, but i’ll check with our hardware expert.

Shahnawaz

yeah do check it, and also tell me wat usual measures u take for troubleshooting Drop Call rate on a specific BTS site beside replacing the effected TRE.

dheeraj kumar

hi shahnavaz
    i am switch engineer working on alcatel switch . so i welcome you regarding any technical quries

pix

ok… i checked, and two or three Ater TP timeslots must be reserved for Frame signalling, Qmux etc.
    Those reserved timeselots are recommended to be selected among the timeslots 0, 14, 15, 16 or 31.

No mention about bad quality. But if you do not follow the recommendations, it might lead to degraded quality 🙂

About the call drop troubleshooting, it is the job of radio engineer, it requires experience on parameters, QoS monitoring, drive-tests and radio propagation. It is not something I can summary in one post… sorry.

Shahnawaz

Avinash, if u r working with Alcatel switch, have u face the issue of Bloj and Mobb,we have faced this issue even though we have Both BSS and Switch of Alcatel, ckts goes into MOBB we have tried every thing verified the end to end connectivity several times….but in the end this issue got solved…when deleating and recreating the Aters at switch end which is offcourse not an feasable or logical solution for this issue for ever growing network.

pix

Shahnawaz,

i would appreciate you show a little aknowledgment for the time i spent looking for your answer.

good luck for the future.

Shahnawaz

PIX

yes ur right…ur effort is really worthfull….thnx….so no hardfeeligns,friend.
    Please do tell ur experience regarding getting BSS stats from OMC and how we gets stats on issues like BSS drops. i hope u understand.

thnx.

Deepa

Hi all
    could u pl elaborate more on the functions of Group switch and access switch in BSC-9100

I am new to this BSC

Regards

Deepa

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.