Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Access Level of GSM network

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abdel

Hi everybody,
    Recently I got some Mobile training, and I found out that there is an access level for every mobile susbscriber. Access level has 15 levels , the lowest nine levels are for default mobile subscribers, the other six are used for emergencies, police, plmn staff etc. This access level gives priority to the mobile subscriber , if you have a higher access level and the network is busy, one channel will be disconnected using by a mobile subscriber which has a lower level than yours, and you would take his channel, you wouldn’t experience any network congestion at all. I don’t know how it works, I checked the Sims and I didn’t found information about this. I think the only place I can activate this feature it at the HLR OMM agent, EvenI didn’t find something related to it. Any ideas please.

Pix

Hi Abdel,

I’m interested in this matter too, but I don’t have an answer…

As far as I understand it, you need your network to support this feature as well (it is called “preemption”), and I would say it has to be defined at the subscriber level (= HLR).

M.Thyagarajan

Hi Abdel,

As you have said these Access levels can be used to control traffic in given BTS(Sector). Generally all Vendor have a BTS level parameter called the Access control which is used to block access to a subscriber/mobile with the given access level.

Not the given mobile cannot make calls except for the emergency call(112)

Abhishek Sharma

Hi Abdel,

In nokia system the thing you are saying is implemented using the parameter TR (Trunk Reservation). By enabling this feature you can reserve the radio channel for preority class user. There are two methods to implement this :
    1) Static method: In this a channel is permanently reserved for the preority class user. No call can go on that channel except that preority user.
    2)Dyanamic method: In this no dedicated channel is allocated but channel is made empty by dropping the call on that channel if call is going on. The preority class user will never come to know that there is any congestion in network.
    Now these preority classes of user are defined when your SIM is got activated in HLR. Your SIM preority class you can check from HLR.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.