Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson Switching equipment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ramanathan Sundaram

Hi all,
    I’m an Er. in a well known mobile operator in India. Can any one help me to dimension an exchange. I hav better knowledge in AXE 10 & 810 h/w & s/w architechture & concepts. I hav also developed some basic utilities to process Ericcson Winfiol logs. I’ll be happy if any one from Mobile area approach me.

regards,
    Ramanathan. S

DJ

Hi Ram,

Lets talk..abt this.

Regards

G N YADAV

Iam switch engineer, i want help for calculation of erlang ,bhca and no. of lines for a general switch.

Dimby

Hi Ram,

As you said you have good knowledge in AXE 10, I am also working on the switching part but on siemens and Huawei equipments. I want to know more on ercisson I have already alex but still need help from others. I have a good background on all the switching functionality and I wish to work on ericsson swithc. May be can we share idea.

email: mandimbisoa.b@gmail.com

Thanks alot

MUHAMMAD ARSHAD

Dear Ramanathan,

Which node you want to dimension. whether GSM monolithic or MSS.

DJ

Hi ARSHAD,

I want to do both GSM-MSC and MSS .

muhammad arshad

hi ramanathan,

first of all collect inputs for traffic profile and calculate signalling volume.

arshad

muhammad arshad

the message was for dj

Ramanathan Sundaram

Thank u friends for ur response. I hope that all the vendors design the switches with common principle. We r working in both AXE10 & AXE810 type of exchanges. As I’m dealing with Ericsson, i can assure that Eric has a very good modular structure in both h/w & s/w.I hav doubts in dimensioning of the BSC whether it is finialised by bo. of TRU handling capacity or others. kindly help me.

muhammad arshad

ramanathan,hello

you are correct.

arshad

DJ

Hi Ram and Arshad,

For SWITCH/MSC Dimensioning what are all the factors we have to consider ?

Rgds

axe810apg40@gmail.com

muhammad arshad

Dear DJ

There are many consideration mainly you consider the forcast for subs. and their behaviour regarding different types of facilities we are going to implement.calculate the traffic,bandwidth required for all the activities of subs.
    if you want details i can provide

arshad

Ramanathan Sundaram

As mentioned earlier, the capacity of a BSC is mentioned as Radio capacity i.e., how many TRXs the BSC can handle. It simply means using of a Radio interface. For MSC, it has several factors such as the VLR capacity, Inter node Trunks & number of simultaneous switching the MSC can perform. I.m actually giving the very simple principle to calculate. But for MSC, the procedure will go further.

Thank u friends,
    Ramanthan Sundaram

DJ

Hi Ram,

In case of MSC for optimization we have to consider what sort of processor load.

Average / Max ?

Rgds

celt

does anyone have an example of the data transcript for and Ericsson rbs 2206, to bring the rbs into service?
    celt_28@hotmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.