Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Differences between SCCP and SUA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kolomaz

We have completely implemented SCCP layer and just now we start to implement the SUA layer. My question is what it is possible to reuse in SUA from the SCCP or is SUA quite different?

I know N-* primitives are “very similar” (difference is only in new address types – hostname and IP) and shall provide upper layer the same services. Against this, lower primitives are quite different. In case of connection-oriented control (SCON), connection-less control (SCLC), management (SCMG) and routing control (SCRC) I am not sure how many differences are there.

Thank you
    Kolomaz

Pavel

Ok, so SCCP – it is traditional SS7 stack L4 protocol. SUA is used like adaptation protocol to distribute SS7 traffic at SIGTRAN (SS7 over IP) using SCTP.

Bierfly here: http://www.hssworld.com/voip/stacks/sigtran/Sigtran_SUA/overview.htm

Kolomaz

Hi,
    thank you for your answer, but I thing I know what SUA is and which services SUA provides.

My question is if SUA is SCCP/MTPL3 (resp. SCCP/M3UA) alternative in “soft” (SUA is something like simplification) or “hard” (another completely different solution which serves transparently the same services to upper layer) meaning?

Thanks
    Kolomaz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.