Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ext range question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick

Hi all.
    i got one situation to be solved.
    There is a GSM900 cell supposed to be covering a road.it is located on the edge of a city/As it is applied ext range feature ,the resource of the cell is decreased twice.Are there any solutions to segregate traffic ,i mean to have road’s mobiles to be served by this cell.The problem is that nearby subscribers take all resources of the cell hence no resources for road’s subscribers.Thnx

RAMI

Dear Nick,
    You can limit this using TA feature. what I mean to say by some parameters you can adjust from which TA calls are to be captured

Good Luck

RF LEARNER

hi RAMI

wat parameters are to be adjusted.

my ID is Tufial@gmail.com

thanx in advance.

pix

ext range feature = subscriber can be located from TA=64 to TA=128 or more ? Instead of from TA=0 to TA=64 ?

Are you sure that, in an urban environment, your cell can cover further than TA=64 (35km) ? That’s very surprising..!

On the system i’m working on, the extended cell cannot handle calls which are located between ta = 0 to 64. The extended cell can handle only calls with TA > 64. It’s like a separate cell.

Maybe your problem is that the highway is located at a TA < 64 ? So the "inner" cell will handle all the calls. In this case the only solution is to increase your capacity. Add a microcell to cover the near-by city area, or add TRX on the current cell. In GSM specs, as far as i know, there is absolutely no way to prevent near-by subscribers to access the cell, while allowing far-away subscribers.

Tech Man

Nick,

I would suggest Umbrella cell/HCS feature for your problem. Colocate or use a microcell in the nearby vicinity of the current Macro cell and then use the above suggested feature. This would help in moving the nearby subscribers to the microcell layer and the road/highway subscribers would be catered by the Macro cell.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.