Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CDU and RBS Types in Ericsson

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    finn

TRU – transceiver unit/circuit with a capacity of 8 time slots/8 voice channels

dTRU – dual transceiver unit, 2 TRU circuits in a board with a capacity of 2 x 8 time slots/ 16 voice channels

DRU – I haven’t handled the RBS2x16 series and not sure about the meaning of DRU if dual radio unit (please comment). I just saw a picture that it is a combined dTRU+CDU(combiners) and the usual CXU of 2206/2106 is not present anymore, you can do configurations in-between RUs.

its 16 timeslots/16 VCs definitely.

Abdullah

Guys need some info. What actually 2+2+2 means? 2 dtru in one cdu?also mention how many calls can be handel by one sector if has the following configuration.
    3 cdu , 2 dtru in one cdu.
    Waiting for ur positive response.

finn

2+2+2 means, 2 transceivers per sector so the calls per sector is approx 16 simultaneously as other channels are used for BCCH.

if you say 2 dTRU per sector it is used on the 2206, 2106, 2207 and equivalent to 4 x TRUs per sector approximately 32 voice calls simultaneoulsy.

so for a full config RBS/BTS using dTRU 4+4+4 config can be made.

12 x 8 ~ 96 calls for the whole site… 32 per sector..

Abdullah

Thanx for the information u provided Mr.finn.
    That means for 4+4+4 configuration,we have four Transciever per sector or in other words, 2 dtru per sector.Am i right.Waiting for ur positive response.

finn

you’re right Abdullah.. as 1 dTRU is dual or two transceivers in one board.

goodluck!

Abdullah

Finn,
    Thanks,Where are u working?

finn

i am working here in australia.. i worked across the world.. been to pakistan, philippines and sri lanka.. rbs is my pet..

naveen

what r the different types of rbs and what is the difference between them

Abdullah

Finn,
    So are u an employe of ericsson?

finn

I was, but through a UK agent.. but now I am a contractor.

Naveen,

types of RBS? there are lots of.. and differ through technologies, capacities, etc.

the old RBS200 which is an indoor for 2G or GSM networks, next is RBS2000 for 2G also like RBS2101/2102/2103/2106/2107/2109/2202/2206/2207/2308… the first digit 2 means for 2nd generation, secon digit 1 means its an outdoor equipment if 2 means indoor and if 3 means what they call MAXITE for indoor coverage or picocell, the last two digit is for the capacity, usually denotes the number of TRU boards in the cabinet for 02 means 6 TRUs, 06 for 12 TRUs or 6 dTRUs.. 07 means 3 dTRU.. for the others… i am not sure.. because I haven’t handled yet.. for the new one 2216 or 2116 its 6dRUs = combination of dTRU and CDU.

Abdullah

Mr. Finn
    Good information u provided about different RBS.Do u have any e-mail address?Please provide it as i want to ask u about the scope of telecommunication enginering in uk.

sadi

hi fnn

could you tellme what software type (name)is used for configuring the rbs2206
    and whould u plz list most important commands…..

finn

no command.. and its GUI..

use OMT.. and connect to RBS2000 series

sadi

dear finn,,,

plz tell me the relation between number of tru and voice channel and why when we choose high traic configuration for rbs the coverage area will reduced and also what the cxu stand for …

regards
    sadi

samir

coverage area is reduced because to use 2 DTRU in one sector u have to congigure the sector using hybrid combiner which is a single TX cable out of each DTRU but using a hybrid combiner configuration introduces a loss of 3dB at the output of DTRU which means coverage area is smaller

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.