Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HSN and MAIO planning in a 1/3 Network

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Panji

What factors should i prepare if i want to make RF Hopping or Synthesizer Frequency Hopping(SFH) in a site/zone?And can u explain the step and their parameters? Please help me, Thx a lot 4 ur answer.

l3p15

As general, how many bts in one cluster is mostly important, for full network , itsmean need much ARFCN so, its better to use HY than BB, for traffic is less better to use BB..

Ryan

Please Help Panji!,I need that information too.

ali123

What factors should i prepare if i want to make RF Hopping or Synthesizer Frequency Hopping(SFH) in a site/zone?And can u explain the step and their parameters? Please help me, Thx a lot 4 ur answer.

jose

i’m rf engineer
    want can i do if i have drop call due to sudden loss
    thanks

Adeel

could some one explain to me what the term “MAIO Step” means. i know about MAIO offset, but i never heard of MAIO step.

Pix

hi adeel,

i never heard about this… maybe it is the same thing as offset ? what is the context in which you read this words ?

Panji

Hi Adeel
    MAIO Offset = show the different using MAIO between TRX, in order to minimize interference, start with MAIO offset.
    Example: (with MAIO Step =2)
    TRX 2 = using MAIO 4
    TRX 3 = using MAIO 6
    TRX 4 = using MAIO 8

yogesh_rf

hi adeel,
    MAIO step is in Nokia Equipment and it is the diff. between two MAIO values for ex. if you use your MAIO as 2,4,6,8,…… like that then MAIO step is 2.

Rgds
    Yogesh_rf

bodoruddoza

Dear sir,

My company has license for 24 1800 freq. from 601 to 624.

then how many HSN and MAIO we can use in our company’s network?

There is any restrictions on using HSN and MAIO for the licensed freq?

for the above freq., are there any specific HSN or MAIO which only can be used?

pix

hello,

first you have to design your average site configuration (3×4 ?)

For a 3×4 configuration, it will require 12 frequencies, which are NOT adjacent. with your current frequency band (24 channels), you can barely get one “clean” site… but the next site will use all adjacent channels.

well, in this case you’ll need to use avery agressive frequency re-use planning and a perfect network design… and therefore you need an expert radio engineer to plan it and follow-up.

bodoruddoza

Dear sir,

Tanks a lot for ur prompt response.

But, could u plz. answer actually what I want?

I want to know in SFH case, have we require any specific MAIO and HSN for our specific ferq. channel?

Michael

Please i need some very specific ideas here. In our network we are having this funny experience of MAIO ofset frequency exceeded. I learnt MAIO was not turned ON on the BSCyet.
    I have also found out that this is common with BB hopping. Can anyone help out with how to plan plan frequency and manage Hopping employing the BB hopping mode.

YEN

Dear Rami,

HSN has a value from 0-63 and each value corresponds to a certain hopping sequence. i.e. frequencies to hope on.

so, HSN =0, means cyclic hopping (no hopping, generally BCCH carrier)

but HSN=1-63, means pesudo-random hopping.

I want t know say, HSN =6 , what does it means?
    Let, i have 40 ARFCN (from 1-40), 1-15 is used for BCCH, 16&17 for guard period, 18-40 is in MA List.

If I put HSN = 13, what does it stands for? And what is its hopping sequence?

Thanks

UZz Man

Well actually each HSN Number corresponds to a different pseudo random sequence … different HSN for different sites simply means that even with the same MA list they will be on different carriers at a certain instant of time

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.