Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EcNo,RSCP,RSSI,CPICH

• This topic has 62 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by hela.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    SHAILENDRA

WHAT IS RSSI?

korgi

Meaning of RSSI – “Receive Signal Strength Indicator”, is a circuit to measure the strength of an incoming signal.

The Received Signal Code Power is the received power on one DPCH, PRACH or PUSCH code after de-spreading, defined on the pilot symbols.

Fjenn

It appears that RSCP and EC/IO are pertinent to outdoor macro cell sites since it has to do with actual ‘cells’. Does it affect, or should it be a design consideration, for indoor DAS where all antennas retransmit the same ‘cell site’ (in this case a BTS) through the building?

ganesh singh tomar

can any one tell me the what is Ec/N0 in Brief with Example

Tanveer

If we have measurements for the Received Total Wideband Power (RTWP) and Ec/No at the UTRAN cell then could we use that to calculate RSCP ? i.e. RSCP=RTWP+Ec/No

girish

hi all

can any one tell me the parametres in 3g

Anshu Arora

All Rf condition ok and no alram on the site then rscp bad how can i improve the rscp and what parameter i will checked

Prashant Shriwastava

Question–All Rf condition ok and no alram on the site then rscp bad how can i improve the rscp and what parameter i will checked.
    Answer–Change the project or change the Node-B.

santosh nayak

what is rscp in 3g and plz tell me all the parameter in 3g we used

Zulfiquar Ahmed

RSSI= RSCP-Ec/Io

prabhat kumar patra

what relation between Ec/No & Ec/Io?

hari narayan

dear all,
    can anybody help me getting GOOD NOTES ON 3G PARAMETERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE RANGES .PLZ MAIL ME AT hari_4728@yahoo.co.in.

santosh nayak

what we will see in layer 3 message
    while location update?

Zulfiquar Ahmed

RSCP is more or less similar to RX level of 2G,
    similarly
    Ec/Io to C/I

The range of RSCP is similar to RX level but the range of Ec/Io is from 0 to -30. Greater the Value better is the quality. The value is -ve as the Io includes Iown, I others and noise.(I=interferece).

Note: Unlike in GSM if u miss defining any neighbor site as neighbor there will be a call drop. This is because we are operating the whole Network on one single frequency and missing neighbor of that same frequency is considered as interfernce and the Ec/Io value becomes poor and thus leads to a call drop.

Zulfiquar Ahmed

Question: All Rf condition ok and no alram on the site then rscp bad how can i improve the rscp and what parameter i will checked

Answer: Hi below is the checklist

1) Antenna obstruction
    2) Mechanical and electrical tilt
    3) Check for CPICH power.
    4) Check for VSWR Threshold.
    5) Once again check for Alarms
    mainly VSWR.
    This should solve the issue.

And finally we say RF condition is good only when the level and quality of signal is good.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.