Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EcNo,RSCP,RSSI,CPICH

• This topic has 62 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by hela.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Tag

Hi anyone can explain the relationship of

EcNo,RSCP,RSSI,CPICH

Thanks in advance.

Tag

areeba

EcNo :energy per chip over noise destiny.
    RSCP: carrier power
    RSSI : signal strength.
    CPICH : common pilot channel.
    You determine wheather your pilot ch is polluted or attenuated by measuring on it (EcNo,RSCP,RSSI).

jood

They are measurement parameter in 3G WCDMA drive test.
    RSSI: recieved signal strength indicator.
    CPICH-Ec/No: recieved energy per chip devided by the power density in the band.
    CPICH-RSCP: recieved signal code power.
    CPICH: common pilot channel.
    So you have to measure two parameter on pilot ch (Ec/No & RSCP)to verify P-CPICH detection to minimise coverage holes,
    Ex (RSCP >-100dBm (sufficient) & Ec/No > -14 (suuficient))
    & by correlation between low Ec/No & high RSCP you can find the interference & pilot pollution.

koush

Dear All
    how we could optimiza pilot pollution, is it just by decreasing power at interfered node.B >> what if our coverage is affected.
    plz clarify more solutions.

Gito Prastomo

Dear Koush,
    Pilot Pollution, could be improve through some methode. The Drivetest report audit must be performed first.
    Through that report we could know which site has overshoot coverage, this site could be downtilt. But if it couldnt (the tilt is already too down) then you could reduce the CPICH power.
    This could impact on the coverage, so you must discuss with your customer about this, does he want big coverage but bad on quality or low coverage but good quality…

RNP2

what is the difference between RSSI and RSCP ? Can any please describe with an example?
    thanks.

Binh

Hi anyone can explain the relationship of

EcNo,RSCP,RSSI,CPICH

thanks

3G WCDMA DT Engr.

Dear All,

What is the formula in calculating
    EC/IO and RSCP

Thanks

blert

Dear All,

What is the formula in calculating
    EC/IO and RSCP

Thanks

Wow, thats quite a question if you really need the formula – which I cant see you needing a reason for. The formulas for both are probably contained in the propogation tool used by your company, and measurements carried out in the handset and BTS.

All you really need to know about the levels for both are what is acceptable and what is not for various areas/types.

Its generally accepted that EC/IO is good enopugh around the 14dBm level, and a decent signal level (RSCP)is up to -100 (again, these are dependent on clutter types).

The lower the level of RSCP then the more chance there is of degradation in the signal, and the more chance of noise being introduced as external sites shooting into the area have a greater effect on the S?N ratio.

Hope this helps

DT Azhar 3G

what is the Basic deination of commom pilot control Channal,

CPICH.

BB

RSCP = RSSI + EcNo

naresh

Hi,

in 3g drive test main which parameter should be observed and which are their standard values or ranges?

plz tell i am new to 3g/…..

Sunny Kaushik

Hi all,
    I am an RF Engineer n trying to learn 3G architecture n its parameters on my own through self study.
    Can anyone help me out on scrambling code planning and CPICH details…n if possible anything that may help me in 3G Optimization….looking forward for ur replys……..

Damien

EcNo: energy per chip over the noise, a measure of the quality of the signal
    RSCP: Energy after processing ie with gain from coding etc
    RSSI: A dB measure of the signal arriving at the antenna before gain from processing
    CPICH: Pilot Channel of the cell.

Ashutosh Chauhan

What is the difference b/w RSSI and RSCP.
    What is estimated SIR?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.