Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BTS erlang

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    vijender singh

i want to know about the BTS erlang . how it is calculated and how it effect the BTS. we are working on hyundai syscomm BTS.about the capacity of a BTS.

RF Learner

what is that.

is it concern to TRX or anything else, i wanna know

neeraj

Hi vijendra,
    BTS erlang capacity depends on two factor:
    1-GOS that is grade of service
    2- no. of trx’s
    say a sector(bts) comprises of 3 trx’s one trx is as BCCH.

NOW ACCORDING TO GOS=2% and Erlang B table -one trx means 8 channels as good as 8 trunks the erlang capacity is 3.63erlangs. now for BCCH TRX -2channels are used for signalling on Air intrface remaining is 6 channels now as per GOS=2% AND ERLANG b TABLE the traffic carrying capacity is 2.27erlangs.so two trx’s with 8 channels and 1 with 6 channels gives you the total erlang capacity of whol sector as 2.27+3.63+3.63=9.53erlangs……..
    I think that may clear your doubts

Fabio

Neeraj,

Actually, if you have 3 TRX on a same sector (2 with 8TCH and 1 with 6TCH, as you mentioned) you’ll have 22 TCH wich gives you 14,9 erl (at 2%).

And the calculation has others considerations like percentage of Half-Rate traffic, number and type of signalling channels, dedicated GPRS channels.

But just as you explained, all we have to do is sum all TCH avaiable and look up the Erlang B table.

Regards

shahnawaz

dear neeraj,

by wat formula u calculated the earling for one TRX

thnx

Tufail

Dear shahnawaz

It is computed using Erlang B Table, tht is readily available traffic table..

there v need 2 thing
    1. GOS
    2. No. of TCH available

NO. of TCh =

if u have 2 TRX with 1 Signalling TS. then u have 8+7= 15TCH

take a look in erlang B Table and cal no. of erlang offered.

Thanx

Hope it will help
    TUfail

tufail

To shahnawaz

for 15TCh total erlang comes out 9 erlang@2%GOS

to Neeraj

total no. of channel is 6+8+8 = 22Ch

hence total erlang capacity = 14.85 @2%GOS

thanx

Naveen Dankal

Hi,
    In the typical BTS/BSC specifications, the power consumption is given per TRX wise or around the total no. of TRX supported by that BTS…e.g. in one of the BTS specifications it is given:-

no. of TRX 12
    Power consumed 3960 w

naveen dankal

Hi ,
    I would like to know what is affect on the power consumed if the number of TRX are increased in a partcular BTS configuration.
    Thanks,
    navs

Sunil

What is the Power and Voltage consumed by a Base Station Controller? If a rectifier is used for two two BSC’s, what are the design factors that needs to be considered?

nct

hi in a thumb rule what is the traffic carried out by 1 trx

lvin

hi
    please who can help me?
    as sample:
    in our statistics
    i have TCH congestion(15%),TCH availability(100),half rate (42%),TCH Traffic Erlang(11).
    the question is:
    why Erlang is little?
    so must Erlang more than 30 because we used RBS 2202.
    thanks..

Kina

Can any of you pls explain why do we have Prep fails on BSC level in Alcatel BSC, as i know prep fail normally occurs when ever DCS cabinet is down but it is for cell level, but i could not figure out why it happened on BSC level, as there is no alarm on any of the ater mux,nor any of the BSC card, pls help

lvin

hi
    please who can help me?
    as sample:for one cell.
    in our statistics
    i have TCH congestion(15%),TCH availability(100),half rate (42%),TCH Traffic Erlang(11).
    the question is:
    why Erlang is little?
    so must Erlang more than 30 because we have half rate.each cell have 4 TRx.we used RBS 2202.
    thanks…

pix

kina,

prep failures during TCH assignment are usually caused by faulty BTS/BSC hardware, as you mentionned, or a problem of in the NSS.
    have you changed BSS release or NSS release (or path ?) lately ?

if it happens to only one BSC, i’m keen to think it might be a problem in the BSC itself. Try to isolate exactly which cells have this problem : all cells of the BSC, or just the cells that share one specific TSU ?
    No omcr alarms doesn’t mean there is no problem with the board.

Once you have isolated the problem, perform some A interface or Air interface traces, to see where exactly is occuring the issue (during which message ?). Then raise the issue to TAC 🙂

regards,
    pix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.