Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

High SDCCH Traffic in LA Borders

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    rchaar

Dear Kamal,

TCH Blocking: is the phase where all the TCHs are occupied, and no more MS seizures requesting a TS taking place. (i.e. 14 TS all occupied and no more subscribers asking for a TCH-TS, just before congestion)

TCH Congestions: is the phase where all the TCHs are occupied and there are MS seizures requesting TSs taking place( i.e. 14 TS all all occupied and there is at leats one subscriber asking for a TCH-TS)

Hope it is clear.
    Regards,

Nutan Pant

what are the main perameters to be defined for the handovers of a call originated in a sector of any site which is operating on both 900 as well as 1800 bands(dual band network).At what time and which situation the handovers should happen.

Okey Ndubuisi

Please, what is the ITU-U standard threshold for SDCCH TIME CONGESTION and also, SDCCH CONGESTION

MTN-Sudan

Dear all
    Cogestion on SDCCH (border cells)….
    LA is well optimized at border & not crossed high or dense traffic area…
    What is suggested other causes for this problem.

pix

mtn sudan,

I’ll give you few leads, in a very messy way.. sorry about that. Hope it will give you some ideas ๐Ÿ™‚

is this 24hours per day, or only during certain hours ?

maybe your borders are crossed by a road which is used when people go to work in the morning, and come back in the evening ?

pix

Check whether or not your TCH traffic is important at those “high sdcch traffic” hours or not.

pix

What is the main cause of the sdcch traffic ? (orig call, term call, location update, sms ??)

If it is Location Update, then your LAC border are not well optimized ๐Ÿ™‚ But sometimes there are no solution for optimizing the LAC borders, so don’t worry too much. Try increasing the CELL RESELECT HYSTERESIS and the Penalty_Time.

MTN-sudan

Dear
    the main cause is LU.
    we increased the Hys from 5 to 12db.
    & that yeild decresment in SDCCH congestion in some cells but incresment in other (about o.3 no of total cells)(major cause is traffic).
    Now we are seriusley act to remove the LA border away & contradict our strategy [one BSC/One LA].

pix

one BSC / one LAC is not a strategy ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s default configuration…

the next step for you is to understand why there are location updates (people on the move ? static users making ping pong ?) and whether or not there is a LAC design that would help reduce the location updates…

Sometimes, there is no solution..

Anil Kumar

Sir,
    I am facing problem in finding correlation between traffic and tch blocking parameter.i am not able to make it visulize in my mind, the actual significance of these two things. plz reply
    gud day

pix

hello,

well, traffic is the cumulated amount of time the channels of your system have been busy.

For instance, if your system is a “cell” and you observe the traffic for 1 hour, then you might measure (for example) 10 erlangs.

It means that the cumulated time of calls in this hour = 36.000 seconds. Thus, 36.000 / 1 hour = 10 erlangs.

The TCH blocking is NOT a parameter. It is an INDICATOR.
    For instance, if you measure TCH requests = 200 in one hour and TCH blocking = 4%, then it means that 4% of all requested calls were rejeted due to congestion of the TCH resources. Nb of blocked calls = 8 calls.

I hope that’s clear ?

regards,

Montalli

Hello, does anyone know a relation between PCH (paging) increasing and SDCCH congestion? As far as I remember the paging channel will only affect the SDCCH in cases of extremely high congestion due to lack of call setup resources. Is this the right idea?

pix

hello montalli,

i don’t understand your question. PCH congestion will lead to paging retransmission, in case the paging could not be sent.

SDCCH congestion means the PCH was sent, a CH REQ was received by the BTS but no SDCCH are avalaible.

FOR PIX

HELLO ALL
    HOW R U?
    I HAVE A GPRS PROBLEM IN THE SYSTEM
    THE PROBLEM IS ::
    I HAVE 2 SITES IN URBAN AREA
    THESE 2 SITES IN SAME AREA
    THERE IS NO GPRS CONNECTION IN THEM
    ONE SITE CONNECTED BUT NO DAYA RECIEVED
    THE 2ND SITE NO CONNECTION

I TIRED TO RE_INITIALZE THE PDCH TS
    BUT EVEN NO CHANGE
    I HOPE U CAN HELP ME PLS

THNX ALOT
    i sent this message before 2 weeks ago . is this site just for voice calls or no one here know about gprs pls
    pls if there are no one can help me just tell me any other forum can help me

pix

hello,

sorry for the delay. your problem is so vaguley described that it’s not possible to give you a solution.

can you check GPRS qos statistics for these cells ?
    please list:

tbf drop rate ul & dl
    tbf estab success rate ul & dl
    tbf duratio average
    llc traffic (in kbytes) ul and dl

please provide separate values for ul and for dl, and for one day.

regards
    pix

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.