Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Clock Synchronization Problem

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years ago by Phaysal.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Abdel

Hi everybody,
    I am new in Telecoms and my company is waiting me to solve everything.My company is a mobile operator, fixed line and internet provider and the whole network has no any clock resource at all, such as a BITS machine or Strantum 1 or 2,
    and we have a lot of unkown problems may be caused by the lack of clock, therefore can anybody tell me the effect of lack of clock?

Abdel

Also if I buy a single PRS(Primary Reference Source) clock and connect it to my tandem office, can it solve my problems?

IAM

At least you have to buy GPS sourse. And also you can use sinch signal from other operators for redundancy

Abdel

Hi IAM,
    Thanks for your reply. Which is more reliable and A GPS source or an Cesium? what about the cost also I think Cesium is more expensive?
    Regards

IAM

Hi,
    Of course, Cesium is better and more expensive. Usually it used like redundancy or second priority for big network. First priority – GPS.
    But it depend on network structure.
    It is also possible to use GPS and Other Operator sinch singnal.

For prices you can look for example: http://www.oscilloquartz.com

BR

Abdel

Hi IAM,
    Thank you very much for your usefull answer. Sorry I had another question, is a single prc or master clock enough for a whole network also I saw a lot of figures showing a network of master and slave clocks. Therefore must I also connect several clocks like that i saw in the figures or a single prc clock is enough(my network consist of up to 20 pstn switches and a single msc)
    Regards

IAM

The main parameter is quantity of multiplexers between nodes in transmission part. It is guarantee to get good sinch signal in endpoin – if you have less than 10 MUX hops from PRS. If it’s like this you don’t need additional sourse. Another case you need it.
    Also, your MUXs must work transparently for synch signal.

BR

Phaysal

Hi,
    I was just wondering if you ended up with a solution to this prob. I am looking into the effects of sync degradation on network KPI. Can you provide me any info in this regards
    Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.