Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Network Opt. and KPI Monitoring

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    pix

yep, it’s the amount of trafic handled by the network at a certain time that matters (i.e. for dimensionning or for QoS monitoring reports, or whichever purpose).

Not a “virtual” max traffic that cannot happen…

Yves

The network have different BH than BTS, That is the fact. When dimensionning network elements, you have to considered individual BH for the BTS design, and BH given by MSC/BSC load for the rest of elements

HSDEEP

The BH at a BSC level is definitely not the sum of the BH of all cells. But it is usually possible to estimate it from the sum of the BH of all cells using a “Moderation Factor”. For instance with Alcatel, under classical call mix, you can get BH traffic by summing all BH at cell level and then by multiplying by 0.8 (moderation factor).

hashem

hi have a problem in data call
    when i have a data call (GPRS)and recording any log with my tool(tems investigation) i have a expired time out (T3168 EXPIRED )and i have not any info about that ,can you help me about that ,what affect of this fault in my data network
    BR
    HASHEM

Tech Man

Hashem,

Here’s the definition of T3168 timer:Wait for Packet Uplink Assignment message

The timer T3168 is used on the mobile station side to define when to stop waiting for a Packet Uplink Assignment message after sending of a Packet Resource request message.

The timer value is modifiable.The unit is 500ms (0=500ms, 1=1s, 2=1.5s, etc.)- Minimum value is 1 and Maximum value is 7. However, you’d need to wait for 5 minutes for the changes to take place. Also, you need to disable GPRS and Re-enable GPRS for those cells where GPRS is enabled for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

DJ

What are all the main KPIs we have to observe for CORE NW ?

Rgds

aso

dear hashem
    may be you have congestion on PCH and check your CCCH configure.

harsh kalra

The T3168 timer is the timer which affects you TBF success ratio. Generally, the default value is 1000ms. when this timer expires, your TBF sucess ratio is affected if the TBF is not assigned in the stipulated timer expiry period. In short, it is like the RLT for TBF ass. sucesss

sds

hi,
    Is the timer T3168 only for satellite sites or it also has effect on normal sites?

bill

in our network tbf drop rate is almost 6%. i want to improve it to 2%. Any suggestions, the vendors are nokia and siemens….

bill

any one please reply:

in our network tbf drop rate is almost 6%. i want to improve it to 2%. Any suggestions, the vendors are nokia and siemens….

Vicky

@ Bill:
    what iare the values for N3101,N3103 & N3105

Sandip

TBF success rate can be improve by reducing the value of Inactive period UL TBF

pix

Sandeep,

At the expense of degrading the network latency…

regards
    pix

angy

Hi,

I have 2 questions =

1- there are call drops with the cause : suddenly loss, on the whole site. do you know it ?

2- how can I see interferences of a site, on the statistics (KPI) ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.