Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Network Opt. and KPI Monitoring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Virgin

Dear All,

I am inviting all the RF Engg. to share there expertise in frum related to Network optimization and Performance monitoring.

I hope to see the more threads here…

Best of Luck 4 all..

Br//Virgin..

nassim

Dear Virgin
    yeah would be better

anboo

When it comes to RF KPI, what are the scenarios to consider BBH (Bouncing busy hour) and NBH (N/w busy hour).. Why do we do so ?

Thanks,
    anboo.

Boko

Hi,

As I know BBH is the sum of the separate busy hours of the cells selected. NBH is the hour for which the sum of the traffic of the cells selected is max.

Rgds
    Boko

areeba

BBH is
    The highest load may not occur at the same hour on all days, need-
    less to say. If the highest load is selected for each day without
    regard to the hour in which it occurs, the average of these loads
    is said to occur in the bouncing busy hour. Traffic measurements
    are usually made over the five working days of each week.

Venkatesh

Hi All,

Highest Load for any Base Station will be during Busy Hour, and this will be constant for that BTS thru out of the week. Normally BH may be at 11 Hours or 18,19,20 Hours.Regarding any optimization it is preferable to consider the KPI of the BTS during Busy Hour.

Boko

Yes this is true… but if you want to have a busy hour for an area do you get the sum of the BH of the BTSs or you get the whole traffic hour by hour to determine the hour with the max traffic?

Venkatesh

Fine it is basically BH of the respective BTS has to be considered there is no need to take average of the 24 Hours.

The capacity of any BTS is planned basically on Highest RU, Each Subscriber Traffic. These parameters will be maxiumum during BH.

Boko

Hi Venkatesh

What I meen is that one BTS could have BH at 13 o’clock 20Erl and for example at 14 o’clock 15Erl, at 15 o’clock – 10Erl. The other BTS could have BH at 15 o’clock again 20 Erl, at 14 – 18Erl and at 13 – 10Erl.
    Then the BH of the area which consists BTS1 and BTS2 is which one:
    Variant1 – 40Erl (sum of the BH of the two BTSs) or,
    Variant2 – 33Erl at 15 o’clock (max traffic for the region)?

Venkatesh

I understood youir question like this

BH — 13 — 14 -15

BTS 1–20E–15E–10E

BTS 2–10E–18E–20E

Here BH for BTS 1 is 14 Hours; BTS 2 is 15 Hours. Consider the Hour which is having the highest Traffic for that Particular BTS and i.e. the BUSY HOUR

Venkatesh

Consider BH with Respect to BTS not with respect to area

Boko

Hi again,

I just want to know if somebody wants to see BH traffic for the city of…. what should be the answer. If I understand you right it should be the sum of the traffic for the BH of all respective cells.

MP

Dear All,
    I think so the Bouncing Busy hour(BBH) is very much important as compare to N/W busy hour as it (BBH) gives us the max load on a particular -sector in a whole day. BBH is not the sum of the separate busy hours of the cells selected as Boko Said earlier.

Let me know the response from everybody on the same?…….

pix

The busy hour of the network is the sum of all the cells’ erlang at one particular hour… This table gives an example :

——————————–
    hour of day — 12 – 13 – 14 – 15
    ——————————–
    BTS1 erlang — 10 – 15 – 18 – 20
    BTS2 erlang — 15 – 14 – 12 – 13
    ——————————–

For the network, the busy hour is “15” because BTS1(15) + BTS2(15) = 20erl + 13erl = 33erl, which is the highest sum per hour.

That’s how it should be done for a whole network.

Tufail

hi

wat pix is talking abt is rite,

busy hour means tht hour when n/w gets a lot of traffic to handle, i say it is network not a single cell.

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.