Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

3G optimization.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bob

Hi,
    i am a 2G optimizer. And i am assigned the job of 3G optimization. Can all suggest how to go about. We have installed many 3G sites motorola & other. and vendors did drive tests. Now we the in house team have to do the optimization , drive test. Can i use the same TEMS for 3g.

Discussions, suggestions & questions needed

Regards,

Bob,
    t mob

jood

yes TEMS can investigate the 3G. & the main basic radio is the same excluding that the coverage & capacity in 3G is linked to each other (capacity increase=> coverage decrease & vise versa).
    3G planning is tooooo easy comapred with GSM, but the fine tuning & optimization issue is more complex).
    this is general but im ready to replay if any specific query.

Nitin Kh,

Hi Jood & Bob,

Operators are yet to launch 3G here in India..So I wud like to built up some prior knowledge about Optimizing & planning 3G networks. Plss mail me the documents if u have any at my id catchnitinkhurana@yahoo.com

Regards
    Nitin

Boko

Hi Jood,

Do you know if Ericsson 3G have “Rescue” handover from 3G to 2G predefined cell for voice?

regards,
    Boko

jood

Hi boko
    there is allways availability to make inter system HO in 3G standard system.
    Ericsson have hard HO to GSM for CS (speech)& GPRS, some vendors call it blind HO Cuz RNC dont control it (just measurement indication & release aknowledgement).

Boko

Hi Jood,

As far as I know under certain Ec/No the connection goes into compress mode in order to optain measurements from different frequencies for inter-frequency or inter-RAT handover. And after the decision process in RNC it is decided to perform the measurements.
    By blind/rescue etc. I meen that you can perform a handover without entering compressed mode thus without measurement reports from the GSM network. Which is very usefull if you have colocated GSM/DCS sites with UMTS sites. Do you mean that this one is possible in Ericsson let’s say in P4?

Regards,
    Boicho

jood

Boko You generally right:
    The HO you said (compression mode) controlled by RNC is (inter frequ-intra system HO) depending on CPICH RSCP, Ec/Io is 1st type hardHO (within UMTS) FDD>TDD or FDD>diff Carrier FDD.
    For 2nd type hardHO (Inter system) to GSM, there is no compressed mode measurement, the measurement I said is based on CPICH power & outage threshold to send release indication toward RNC, & according to GSM neighbors list Planned on inter system HO window the UE measure & handoff to defined GSM cell.

Boko

Hi Jood,
    I didn’t understand that very well. Can you be more clear about 3G to 2G hard handover. Is there a compressed mode for measuring 2G cells or not? In my doc’s it’s not very clear as both hard HO are in the same place.

Tnx
    boko

jood

OK boko:
    Firstly its high sophisticated algorithm & yet under evolution progress world widely, for that they call it (blind) Cuz lack of control due to probable conflicting decision between source/target RRM entities(potential ping/pong).
    2ndly the UE use the compressed mode just for same RAT, & so Inter Rat HO need multi-mode-device UE,
    #Basically to perform such HO the UE need to switch to target technology (RX different tuning), & this make interruption time to measure the diff (radio, access tech, diff controller).
    #the RAT/source decide the HO to UE & after that UE make the measurement on target RAT ?????,but UE make the interruption time used to (switch on & measure)on target RAT, by individually compression on source (UMTS band) to obtain such interruption space for target technology. So it’s not the compression mode under discussion.
    But may there UE with separated RX processor & control the diff path simultaneously(I read about it but not much).

corfou

what is the pilot ch 3G.

Boko

Primary Common Pilot Channel – physical channel with null data which actually sends the scrambling code of the cell. It is used for cell celection/reselection and HO.

Bob

Thank you all for your input. We have now 300 sites(more to be added) in our n/w of 3g , soon to be released for customers. It’s good learning experience.

Boko

Hi Bob,

I think soon you will give the input

Good luck

Vijay

Hi Boko,

Can u plz focus on differant between WCDMA & 3G network?

Waiting 4 yr reply plz???????????/

and also how many hw change if we change 2G sites to 3G and which one?

Vijay

Hi BOKO,JOOD

I want yr yahoo id plz \……..

so i can talk with u when u r free??

plz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.