Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Average traffic per subscriber

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    moh

how can i calculate MHT but not from Traffic volume

Rich

Hi,
    Can any one explain how to caculate convert Erlangs in to kbps.
    Cheers!

Pan

Hi Rich!
    It is very simple:)
    If you have a channel with 64 kbit/s (230400 kbit/h)throughput and your information source bitrate is 230400 kbit/h, then you can say that your source is creating load with 1 Erl intensity on that channel. Accordingly – 230400/2 = 0.5 Erl, 230400/4=0.25 Erl for this case.

Dennis Tham

Hi Pan,

I thought 1 Erl = 64kbps and not 230400kbph

Pan

Hi, Dennis Tham !
    It is dependent for what time period you are averaged your load. Usually in telecommunications it is one hour.

Carlos

Hi professionals,
    the WCDMA system is a little different from GSM and others. In GSM, when you used to have problems with traffic demand, you really need to imply more TRXs. But in WCDMA the Transport network is very important and must be primarily verified. Suppose you have a growing traffic that is reaching the transmission BW, then the chosen QoS will be in charge of reducing this BW in order to keep loss and delay requirements. Then, my answer is that you must verify your system before start increasing HW.

Aakash

What is the capacity for a BTS in erlang for a GSM and a CDMA business seperately??

Dennis Tham

Hi Pan,

Thanks for your insight. Yeah, I understand now, 64kbps = 64 x 60 x 60 kbph = 230400 kbph….

Another question, do we actually consider the uplink or the downlink when we convert the Erl to kbps?

pix

dennis,

usually, we consider only the downlink, because it is the direction in which there is the most traffic.

so f the capacity is enough in DL, since it is symmetrical in DL and UL (capacity DL = capacity UL), it is plenty enough to carry the UL traffic.

J B Singh

hi
    how we can calculate IP bandwidth in kbps for 1 Erlang of voice traffic?

Valentin Georgiev

Hi,Singh.
    It depends on the coding you choose. Standart voice channel is using PCM(Pulse code modulation) with result 64 Kbps. But with other modulations you can lower the speed to 8-9 Kbps.

Debasish

How to measure the erlang used by the subscriber and to find the revenue earning of an operator?

TomTom

Hello,
    How much Erlang is for home user and for business user?

Sitha

I am wondering how to calculate the number of subscriber per BSC.
    **How to get the number of subscriber per BSC?

Bijoy

You can get this info in MSC as no. of attached sub/LAC

Br\\
    Bijoy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.