Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Average traffic per subscriber

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Abdel

Hi Cerebrum,
    The formula to calculate the BHCA is not the systems one, it is setted by someone else before, therefore what is the formula to find out BHCA?

Regards

Abdel

Is Times of call attempts on an hour interval query equal to BHCA? I am quiet confused with it.
    Regards

areeba

BHCA= peak traffic/(# of subscriber x MHT).
    # of subscriber= peak traffic/Erlang per subscriber.
    ……
    the erlang per subscriber is standard estimated (16 to 20mErlang).

Cerebrum

Hi, Abdel!
    I don’t know the format of the data you are using. And untill I understand this format i can’t help you with more specific answer.Sorry!
    Reading your words I suppose you calculate the BHCA – I think tahat this value must be measured from some kind of equipment or software.
    From my experience I don’t calculate BHCA I have them measured and use them without making any effort.
    One of the reasons for increasing the number of call attempts is that your network is working with very high GoS and one subscriber is making several call attempts to make a conversation – I don’t think that it’s true. I advise you to check the method for calculating the BHCA.
    With the other question – Yes these times are correct, but I still think that so few subscribers cannot make so many call attempts in an hour. Check again your queries.
    Is the number of the subscribers corresponds to the number of the call attempts?

Abdel

I just queried the program in my client used for performance and maintainance, the values calculated by the software is divided into two, default values wich can’t be modified or deleted like TIMES OF CALL ATTEMPT, and they don’t have any formula appeared, and values which can added by yourself in order to help you to find out values without calculating by you for example, powered on subscribers in your network can be find by 6-9
    where 6=total subscribers registered.
    9=detached subsribers.
    I found out that if I query one hour interval the times of call attempt will be the same as BHCA.
    Yes it is true, our network is very congested and some of my cells have more than 60% of congestion in one hour, the subscribers are making several call attempt in order to go through it. but I don’t know so much about GOS, I am a newbie in telecom and my company is expecting a lot from me. I really appreciate your help.
    Regards
    Regards

Abdel

yesterday the the busiest hour values where:
    Time: 17:00~18:00
    BHCA:896,086
    Subs:14,895
    MHT:70.8
    our BHCA is increasing sharply day after day.

Abdel

I think there must be a way the program used to calculate the BHCA, in a normal enviroment how does the programs calculate the BHCA in their network, using calculatins like 6-9=C*100

Regards

areeba

The BHCA declared in this formula is just for success call establishment attempts.
    Establishment failure (control ch issue) is not implicated in this formula.
    So the formula stipulated that your n/w is not congested (< = 0.2% GoS TCH) & (< =0.01% control channel).

Cerebrum

Hi,Abdel!
    Excuse me for my proposal but i have some doubts of the BHCA value. I wonder whether this value for BHCA is for BH or for all of call attempts made in your network?
    I can’t imagine that BHCA can increase so rapidly, without corresponding augmentation of the subscribers.

Other approach for estimating TV:
    From your post i understood that your DataBase have a field “TIMES OF CALL ATTEMPT”. Can you sum all values in the busy hour? The result will be the Traffic Volume carried by the network or the branch that you oversee in the Busy Hour.

Abdel

Hi Cerebrum,
    Please can you explain what you mean “Can you sum all values in the busy hour”, which values do you mean?
    Regards

Cerebrum

From your words I suppose that you have records for every call attempt. If so, on fo the attributes is Duration. If you sum all durations that will be Traffic Volume for the referenced period.
    This is only an assumption. I really don’t know what data you have.

Abdel

Hi all

can somebody explaind what cerebrum said here:

Hi, Abdel.
    If you multiply BHCA x MHT = Traffic Volume (TV) in BH. And If you devide TV/Subs= Average Traffic Volume per One subscriber.
    In Erlangs this is: TV/((Subs)*X)
    X=60 – MHT in [min]
    X=3600 – MHT in [sec]
    This is in case you are looking for the average traffic per user in BH. For traffic calculations this value is needed. But if you need the average traffic per day, you must multiply TV in BH with a concentration factor. In the books the concentration of traffic in BH is about 15-20%. But in our network the concentration is less than 12%.
    If you have more questions I’ll be glad to help you

what I want is what does it mean the concentration factor? any help please

Abdel

How can I calculate the whole traffic in erland without having the BCHA value? is this possible.

Abdel

Hello everybody,

I have some default values automatically calculated by the switch this values can be used to calculate Traffic in erlang, BCHA and a lot of things. They are as the following:
    1. Times of call attempt
    2. times of seizure
    3. Times of through connection
    4. Times of reply
    5. Times of paging response
    6. Times of called subscriber busy
    7. Times of called Unreachable.
    8. Times of Radio resource congestion.
    9.Times of call rejection
    10.Times of vacant number
    11. seizure duration
    12. Times of successfull call delivery.
    13. Maximum of VLR count

From all of this how can I calculate our whole traffic in erland

Ayat

Dear all,
    i try to summrise these Discussion
    we need to calculate traffic per sub. if we have only BHCA and MHT
    i think we need No. of VLR sub. because
    from BHCA and MHT we can calculate Traffic (ERL)
    BHCA In BH * MHT(sec.)In BH = total time of call (sec.)
    we can convert to (ERL) by divid it /3600 =(traffic(erl))
    this is accordinf to what is the traffic we need to know (seziure , through connection ,or answer)
    traffic
    if we know the duration of call we can estimate traffic(erl) directly .
    I think all vendors define like these counters in their system.
    thanks a lot .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.