Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Average traffic per subscriber

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Abdel

How can I calculate the average traffic per subscriber of our GSM network if I have:
    1. BHCA
    2. MHT

MihaiZ

1)What is “BHCA”? is this the Busy Hour Call volume? If YES, is this for the whole network?
    2)Is the MHT calculated at the network level?

Abdel

hI Mihaiz,
    thanks for your reply. BHCA is Busy Hour Call Attempt, it is the call attempts made in the busiest hour in your network daily,Yes MHT is calculated at network level.

Regards,

Cerebrum

Hi, Abdel.
    If you multiply BHCA x MHT = Traffic Volume (TV) in BH. And If you devide TV/Subs= Average Traffic Volume per One subscriber.
    In Erlangs this is: TV/((Subs)*X)
    X=60 – MHT in [min]
    X=3600 – MHT in [sec]
    This is in case you are looking for the average traffic per user in BH. For traffic calculations this value is needed. But if you need the average traffic per day, you must multiply TV in BH with a concentration factor. In the books the concentration of traffic in BH is about 15-20%. But in our network the concentration is less than 12%.
    If you have more questions I’ll be glad to help you.
    Buy

Abdel

Thanks Cerebrum, for your quick response,
    I calculated and I have different values for everyday and every month therefore should I use the highest value for a month record or several month or the average of the recorded values.
    Also the number of subscribers, are the the powered on subscribers or all my registered subscribers?
    Regards

Prav

abdel u have to take powered on subscribers only ( MAX VLR COUNT)

colein

MHT in network level must be multiplied by 2, to account erlang in source & destination.

Abdel

I got more than 190 mili erlang for the average traffic per subscriber? is this possible since I was expecting about 25 -50 milierlang

Cerebrum

Hi, Abdel.
    190 mErlangs traffic is possible per subscriber if you consider bothway traffic – originated and incoming for a subscriber. But if this is only the originated traffic it is a quite big value, but of course possible, if your subscribers are very active.

Cerebrum

Hi, again!
    For the previous question – What value you must use?
    In the ITU-T recommenadations E.xxx is said that you must take into account at least 30 records for the BH (these records must be only in one category – working days, weekends, yearly esceptional days /Christmas, Easter and so on./) The second highest value is the high load traffic, the fourth is the normal load traffic. The network must be estimated for the normal load, but must fullfil other requirements. For PSTN networks these GoS values are – 1% and 7%. Usually the second demand is harder for carrying out.
    Best regards.

Yayra

I have been trying to follow your interesting discussions. I just don’t get one of the acronyms you are using; MHT. What does it stand for? Thank you

Abdel

Hi Yayra,
    MHT means Mean Holding Time the time between the seizure of the circuit to the release of the call.

Regards

Abdel

Hi Cerebrum,
    How can I know whether it is both way or one way (orinating), i queried my daily report and I found out MHT and BHCA with an interval of 60min, i used your formula and I got various high and low result from 0.1-800mili-erlang. I think there is something wrong with my calculation! Can you please help me Cerebrum. Let me give you an example of the busiest hour values:
    Hour: 18:00~19:00
    MHT:58.9
    BHCA:390,376
    Subs:14,402.5
    Result:443.6 mili-erlang.
    Can this result be possible?!

Regards

Cerebrum

Hi, Abdel!
    This is quite interesting data. With these values I conclude that this is bothway traffic. But these values are still very high for mobile subscribers. I think that there is somthing wrong too. If you estimate how many calls make/receive each subscriber – the value is 27.1 calls/sub for an hour. In real situations this cannot be true only at very special events like earthquakes, tsunami, etc.
    I recommend you to check all your queries and methods for gathering data.
    I have doubts of the number of subscribers you consider. Their number doesn’t correspond to the number of BHCA.
    Best regards.

areeba

hi abdel:
    Your BHCA is toooooo high regarding the number of subscriber ==> estimated attempt per subscriber= 390/14= 28 attempts???? It is too high & too seldom occurred (may be in huge event or disaster)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.