Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Setup Success Rate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Navin

Ours is a multivendor gsm n/w where the latest eqpt is from nortel.We seem to have some problem in analysing stats with pro-optima (Stat Machine for nortel gsm).
    1)Most of the sites are showing more than 100% Call_setup_success_rate which is not true
    2)TCH_Blocking and SD Blocking showing 0 but complaints from field shows that are there are congestion in the given sites.

Muhammed

We have the same problem too.Can anybody offer some suggestion.

t28

it’s simple, you both are using BAD formulas/counters to count quality indicators !!!
    you have to study some counters then suggest formulas correctly …

Tech Man

I should agree with T28. Please check your formulas and counters.

madhu

1. the formula for calculating Call Completion Ratio is
    CCR= (CCS with answer(Out) + CCS Subs Busy+CCS Unanswered)/ Out going Call Seizure

2.ASR(O.G)= CCS with Answer/Out
    going Call Seizure

ASR(I.C)=CCS with Answer/Calls Carreied I.C

Regards
    madhu

Prabhu

Hi Navin
    1)100% setup is good that means ur BTS and BSC are working fine now you have to check the congestion in the “A interface” this is not reflected in your performance I guess.So please check the this out.
    2)TCH and SD blockings is measured only on “Abis Interface”.
    3)Though you get a SD u may not get a TCH from the MSC. So please do check this out

Regards
    Prabhu

slim

the problem may be not the formula, the values which uploaded from OMCR are not correct. So u have to chekh the incoming file from OMCR.

Nitin Kh

Prabhu is right ..
    The congestion on the A interface might be the reason…

Regards,
    Nitin

jood

Right:
    you have to check A-bis & A, by the related protocols analyser & (post proccesed the values) & export it to yuor OMC.

Praveen

One C7 Link can catter how many E1s

DJ

Arnd 131/2 E1s.

Rgds

cybhert

someone said it is 128 E1s for one C7 link…yup congestion on the signallink links may add to this.. even though if you have adequate circuits on the BSC side if there is a high traffic on the signalling on the MSC side surely connection(call set-up or sms transactions) will be bad..

Good Luck…

tufail

what is 1X1, 1X2 etc in Frequency planning.. need help

Edmund

What is the difference between Call Completion Rate and Call Setup Success Rate. Thanks

yrrah

To me a Call Setup Success Rate is when you get a TCH when you initiate a call.
    Call Completion Rate is when you get your TCH and when you have finished, you release your TCH. It is a KPI that can allow you to know the rate of good end-to-end call you have on the network.

Regards.

yrrah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.