Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RF Link Balance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RF engr

Please throw some light on RF Link Balnce. Wat is this and wat should be the values for good link balance

dizz

To have a good link balance i.e. Uplink = downlink pathloss.

RF Engr

Please elaborate your answer and also tell me the difference between Link Balance and Path Balance

nall

Path balance = (UL loses – DL loses)+100

*addition of the 100 is make the overall figure a positive value in stat. Plz correct me if I’m wrong!

further there is set parameter value which defines the stability of the overaall system.

RF Engr

I think we add 110 in UL-DL value.
    Also explain in detail what should be the mean value of this and the standard deviation

t28

hi guys,

there is nothing the same between path balance and link balance.
    RF link balance=DL level-UL level.
    superb value (900 DRX)is 2.5, or 12.5 in case of LNA, on 1800 DRXs good value is about 4 – 5.

BlessCurlz

Path Balance:
    The method used analyzes downlink vs. uplink path balanced path and reliability (based upon lognormal fading). The contour limit becomes the received signal level set to balanced path conditions with the appropriate reliability. It is dependent upon a number of factors, including: tower height,power,combiner, and receive sensitivity.

John

Path balance = (ul losses – dl losses) + 105

where 105 is the optimum value for the path balance

in case of -ve path balance this means the dl losses is greater which means a tx calibration for the bts is needed (adjust tx power)

and in case of +ver path balance this means the ul losses is greater which means a rx calibration is needed to adjust the sensitivity of the rx of the bts

nall

please advise on a project to carry to test the Parameter settings of Motorola BTS n Ericsson BTS !

Pix

John,

maybe we don’t calculate the path bal in the same way. “my” path balance is centered around 0..

path balance < 0 means losses in the UL (poor UL RX) path balance > 0 means losses in the DL (weak DL TX)

path bal = (Pow(TRE TX) – RXLEV(DL)) – (Pow(MS TX) – RXLEV(UL))

Mohan

Good article for Huawei path balance.

hubpages.com/hub/Path-Balance-in-Huawei

Eng

Hi guys 🙂

Understood, that if your unbalance value close to ZERO then it is OK.
    But what is permissible value of unbalance between UL&DL?
    From which value will strong problem with KPIs begin?

Please, share. Thank you)

pix

eng,

typically, path balance should be between -5dB and +5/+8dB

but when the PB is outside these values, sometimes you won’t see a problem. KPI remain fine because the neighbours will handle areas where the loss of coverage happens.
    Typically, in urban areas, the overlap with the neighbours is good enough -> a site with bad PB will still have good KPI.
    But you will notice that the neighbours are handling traffic which is outside their “comfort” zone, and that they are having some KPI issues (sometimes).

Regards
    pix

jalloul

What about Power Control when calculated Path Balance ?

pix

the attenuations caused by power control should not be taken into account in the calcul, for best restuls.

In ALU, they are removed from the computations.

In E/, they are not, so one must either disable the PC during the MRR recording, or take into account the MS Pwr and BS Pwr graphs when looking at the Path Balance graph.

Cheers,
    pix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.