Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

UL quality

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    GEO

Hi
    What are the reasons for abis drop in Nokia BTS

yogesh_rf

hi PIX,
    I am facing a pblm . in INTER MSC handover,handover command is given from one MSC to another(HUWAII and ERICSSON MSC)but one side handover is happening and other side is not happening,will be highly thankful for your comments

Rgds
    yogesh_rf

pix

hi yogesh,

i got this kind of problems before… but there are lots of possible solutions.

first of all, check that the LAC, CI of the external neighbors cells are defined in both OMCR and in both MSC. 50% of the case, the people in charge of OMCR or MSC will ensure you they did it correctly. Don’t trust them and ask them to check it again thoroughly.

second thing, you can ask a NSS guy to check an internal “addressing” table in the MSC, or something. Unfortunately I can’t remember what is was exactly… I just remember that the external LAC or external BSC wasn’t correctly defined in the NSS, but I’m not able to explain more.

as far as i recall, that’s it… but as i said, many things can go wrong. And most of them are linked to NSS.. sit down around a table with a NSS QoS expert and isolate the problem (problem hapenning during the handover preparation or execution ? where exactly is the failure ocuring ? which message exactly ? on which interface ?).

krishnan

hi yogesh

one more solution if u find everthing ok just check the handover controlling party is it the MSC or the BSC .It should be MSC..

yogesh_rf

hi krishnan,
    Case was solved and i think in intermsc HO we should see for BSSMAP between BSC and MSC.

Rgds
    yogesh_rf

tremalnike

Hi Tag,
    please see matrix of average timing advance per UL RxQual and per RxLev. Rural or city is problem BTS ? May be under antenna ampfiler will help you ….

binh

can i ask everyone some questions ? what is prime reason drop call rate high in GSM ? can you give some document about drop call rate ? Thank you very much

Pix

Binh,

A very high call drop rate is most probably the consequence of one of these two causes :

1. equipment failures (especially poor ABIS links, or faulty BSC/TC boards)

2. poor frequencly planning & poor cell planning (too much overlap, not enough downtilt)

Other problems, such as wrong parameters, low coverage, etc, can also cause problems, but usually not so critical.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.