Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

UL quality

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    John

Thank you! Pix
    I will investigate cells from these prospectives.
    Regards,
    John.

Vanderley

You also have intracell due to multislot calls and due to enhanced pairing. first one is to moving of voice calls to another timeslots in order to have adjacent timeslot for GPRS/EDGE. The second one is in order to combine two HR calls on one timeslot.
    also i don’t know for other vendors but for Siemens nothing assures you that if you make intracell HO due to quality you will have the call on different TRX, which often leads to a failure with cause ROC.

JohnM

Hey Vanderley….How do u resolve this in Siemens system…What are the steps u follow to resolve this Intracell Handovers

Rf Learner

Hi All

We have severe HO(INTRA AND INTER CELL) failure in our network, it started all of a sudden. cant find y..

one more thing there is no HO acess msg, no phy info msg.
    Shows T3124 failure

Thanks in advance.

RF Learner

nam

Hi all,
    i ve all the sectors for a site that have very low CSSR and SD_drops i have ruled out intereference,what could be the problem

Pix

Hi Nam,

I would suspect coverage issue (low RxLev) and possibly a TRX issue. Check on which TRX is set the SDCCH timeslot. Exchange the SDCCH slot onto another TRX..

if it’s still bad, then it’s most probably a coverage issue (since you ruled out interference).

If it’s better on the other TRX, then it’s probably due to a faulty TRX.

Good luck,
    Pix

yogesh_rf

hi rf learner,

T3124 is timer for handover access after HO command,if T3124 Expires it means HO access has problem ,kindly check for same BCCH AND BSIC in sites.I think u will find a solution.

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

CELT

can anyone help me here , in a sectorised site say 3 sectors, this means 3 bcch carriers , 1 in each sector, does each bcch carries need to have a different bsic or can they have the same bsic as they will be different frequencies

Rf Learner

Hi CELT

You can have different BSIC for site.
    BSIC is used to differentiate cochannel. so if you have same BSIC for various co-channel, it will be difficult to determine interfering cells.

its effect da network in many ways.

So u can use different BSIC.

Thanks
    RF Learner

celt

hi rf learner
    some of the sites i have come across lately the BCCH carrier in each sector has the same BSIC, the frequencies are different for each carrier but they bsic is the same , is this ok?

Nishant

hi,

Can you explain me the c2 criteria with one example.

Pix

Hello Celt,

you are allowed to use same BSIC as long as frequencies are different. It doesn’t matter if they belong to the same site or not.

so to answer simply : yes, different sectors with same BSIC is OK.

yogesh_rf

Hi celt and RF Learner,

Actually BSC gives the handover command on the basis of two things 1.BSIC 2.BCCH,now suppose you have two sites(WITH SAME BCCH and BSIC)near one site,and if one site is defined as neighbour of that site and another one is not,THEN BSC will give handover command to the BTS to give handover,now as both sites has same same BCCH AND bsic So BSC will unable to find out which is the real neighbour and thats why handover failures will come.YOU can verify this in layer-3 messages under the name HANDOVER COMMAND,you will surely get the answer.

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

celt

thanks pix and yogesh for the info.yogesh will BSC not determine that the handover will be to a different site also because it will have a different CGI?

yogesh_rf

hi celt,

BSC does nt give HO command on the basis of CGI,CGI dsnt matters at all.

BR//
    yogesh_rf

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.