Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

In-building solutions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shekar

Dear All,

Who ever wanted to know about In-building solutions in a GSM/ CDMA operators please refer to the below site. It gives you the best understanding.

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/articles/articles.htm

You can also post in your doubts & share your infos on IBS. Mail me at shekar_pk@hotmail.com

Mill

Hi Shekar,

I am also into in-building soltuions at the moment, will go through your site

Da Architect

Hello In-building RF Engineers,

I am recently deploying in-building solutions. And I look forward to exchange information.

MM

Hi, anyone here more knowledgeable about IBS? Can I ask some queries to solve my problem?
    I plan to have a design with common DAS with multiple frequency band.
    How can I combine 1 operator with GSM 900 frequency, 2 operators with dcs 1800 frequency and 3operators with umts 2100 frequncy in one system? thank you

pix

hi,

well, it is always possible to combine 900 1800 and 2100 onto one antenna system (using a triplexer 3 -> 1 and a triband antenna)

The main problem is going to be combining the operators using the same band. That requires using a combiner (-4dB loss for 2 inputs (=2 operators 1800 in your case), -5dB loss for 3 inputs (= 3 operators 2100 in your case) )

depending on how many floors you must cover, the biggest choice is to use “analog” transmissions, or “optical” transmissions (or digital).
    If analog : you’l probably need some amplifiers on the way, because feeder losses are gonna take their toll !)
    If optical : you’ll need A/D and D/A convertors. It is the most expensive solution, obviously.

Visit RFS website, they can give you some good ideas, i suppose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.