Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RX_LEV & RX_QUAL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    swiftsu

hi,
    there are questions about GSM O&M.

why did my nokia mobile phone say the RX_QUAL is bad(5 or 6) while the RX_LEV is OK(-50dbm) when i am calling?

what’s the problem?and how can i deal with it?

cheers,

swift

swiftsu

BTW,i’m a novice in the Repeater field.

alexander

swiftsu, RX_QUAL is RX quality, RX_LEV is RX level, so I guess you know that quality and level are two different words, two different things, you may have signal with high level but it may have low quality (high amount of errors because of interference, HW problems)
    Alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

RSV

Do you have any sound transmitted duiring this test in DL? If no and BTS have a DTX mode on than the mobile trying to measure “nothing” and quality is obviously bad. But may be it is a interference.

Boko

If you use DTX you must go for Sub values.

Regards,
    Boko

RSV

Than the question should be this way : What you are measure? RX_QUAL_FULL or RX_QUAL_SUB.

BR,
    RSV

MMR

You might want to check the freq planning in that area.

MihaiZ

Swiftsu,

If the signal is provided by a GSM repeater, the problem described by you can be due to repeater auto-oscillation (part of the signal comming out is “feeding” the input of the repeater) !!!
    The problem can be corrected if the following condition is satisfied:

Antennas separation > Repeater’s Gain

So, either you increase the separation between the pick-up and donor antennas or reduce the repeater gain.
    Most of the modern repeaters may have a AGC circuit (Automatic Gain Control).
    Good Luck!

sa

hi

why do we need isolation between donor and serving antennae in repeater solutions?

Jason

I compair needing isolation between a donar and a serving antennas in a repeater, with when you hold a microphone too close to a speaker that it is broadcasting to. The mic picks up its own brodcast then it aplifies it and broadcasts it even louder, and again and again and again, until you remove the mic or shut down the amp.

sa

Thanks.It’s clear now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.