Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Want info about the Cell_reselect_offse

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RF Engr

I want to have the info about the cell_reselect_offset

Boko

Hi,

This is related to C2. If the level of the neighbour is better than received + cell_reselect_offset you will reselect and camp to the neighbour

rgds,
    Boko

jood

HI
    1)what is the disadvantigous of reducing cell-reselect-offs toward zero.
    2)for co-site forced transmitter as neighbour, is it right to put cell-reselect-offset zero.

Boko

the idea is that you want the mobile to camp at the cell where you want the conversation to be. for example you camp on a loaded cell in idle mode. the mobile originates a call – but you set the traffic to go to neighbour and => handover. Incresed risk of call drop etc.
    CRO can be zero of course but it could happen that you change very often between cells on borders, and neihgbour list changes etc. It’s just a hysteresis.

RF Engr

I have heard that it is also related to the paging load. So, elaborate about this thing too

Regards,
    RF Engr

Boko

Paging load is related with the siza of the LA. It is equal for all cells within the given area

Techno

The no. of page is the same for all the cells within a LAC, provided it has the same configuration i.e. combine or non combine Ch., and type of signalling used e.g. 16/32/64kbps. Hope that answer yr question,

Boko

Hi Techno

I still think that the load for the area is equal. The resrictions you mention are related to maximum paging load i.e capacity.

Regards,
    Boicho

jood

yes boko
    paging load is egual for all LA.
    # of cells in LA proportional with paging load at BSC.

Ehalaivan

Hi,
    This is a bit of complicated topic, but I try to give you as much as information as possible.

Cell reselection criterion C2 is defined as C2 = C1 + CELL_RESELECT_OFFSET – TEMPORARY_OFFSET

For example, please look at the following senario;
    Can you see, which cell is selected as a serving cell in the IDLE mode when the received level from the 900 MHz cell is -80 dBm and from 1800 MHz cell -87 dBm and cellReselectOffset = 10 dB, temporaryOffset = 20 dB and penaltyTime = 640 s are set for the 1800 MHz cell. Minumum access levels for both cells are -100 dBm.

C1 and C2 are used.
    C2 criteria has two alternatives depending on the value of penalty time.

– Penalty time is set 640 and thus C2 = C1 – cellReselectOffset

– C1 is used for 900 MHz cell and C1 = -80 – (-100) = 20 dB.

– C2 is used for 1800 MHz cell.
    C1 = -87 – (-100) = 13 dB
    => C2 = 13 – 10 = 3 dB
    => 20 (900 MHz) > 3 (1800 MHz)
    => 900 MHz cell is selected!

mami

Hi all
    is there any feature of controling the C2 criterion by modified the ACCMIN of 1880 band

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.