Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson BSC with Gs Interface

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aditya

Hi

Can somebody Tell me what are changes need to be done in Ericsson BSC if Gs inteface Exist between MSC and SGSN. Currently we dont have Gs interafce but now we are planning to integrate the Gs interface.

Regards

VJ

Hi Aditya,

What is the function of GS Interface in BSC Node ?

Regards

VJ

jp

you dont need to configure anything on the BSC, i suppose!

When there is a incoming paging ( PS or CS ) for a mobile which is attached, then the MSC will inform the SGSN to send paging message.

So, only MSC should know the existence of Gs.

it has been long time i opened the documents, may be i can read it and post it again with the clear information.

Rodrigo Saucedo

There are not changes to do on BSC, without Gs interface MS does location update on GSM and GPRS, if the Gs interface is implemented, the MS only needs to make a single update and both the GSM and GPRS location registers will be updated.

Ehalaivan

Please see the model of Ericsson BSC you have supports Network Mode of Operation 1, because BSC and SGSN would needs to be in “NOM1”. Please note, it is only supported in Network Operation Mode 1(NOM1): The Gs interface is installed between the SGSN and the MSC/VLR. The network
    can send a CS paging message for a GPRS-attached MS on the same channel as the GPRS paging channel
    i.e
    • the packet paging channel or the CCCH paging channel,
    • or on a GPRS traffic channel, if one is currently assigned.
    This means that the MS needs only to monitor one paging channel.

mahram

rltdp:msc=all;
    you can see which NOM define

and it change by rltdc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.