Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

maximum number of SDCCH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ahmed

Hi All
    kindely, i would like to know about the maximum number of SDCCH per TRX for the TCUs , & how it restricted by BSC processor load.
    Regards…..

Garry !!

Hi Ahmed,

Max number of SDCCH depends on the TRX_Signalling configration. I suppose with TCUs you have Motorola BSS and in which RSL is normally 64K TS on the E1.

Now, remember this 64K RSL is for the entire site (i.e 3 sectors and 3 x No_of_DRIs per sector). For 2/2/2 config you should not have more than 1 sdcch/DRI or TRX (recommended).

Finally it depends on your RSL loading also.

Best regards,

Garry !!

jood

Hi ALL
    If i have site configured as 1/1/1 so then i encounter series of SDCCH drops which has been dimentioned as 4SDCCH. So what is the efficient way to solve this ,,,, is it by RE dimentioned the SDCCH, OR by adding more TRXs – (notice that the traffic blocking rate is quite good & could tolerate with some TSs redusing).

Garry !!

Hi Jood,

There is no point in increasing SDCCH TSs when you have SD drops, you should add SD TSs when you have SD blocking.

In your case, with 1/1/1 if you have reconfigured with 4 SDs that leaves only 3 TCHs, which is a poor planning.

SD drops might be due to different reasons. I guess the first thing is to reconfigure those SDs back to TCs so that you won’t loose traffic.

Further let me know your BSS vendor, then I can tell you some troubleshooting mechanisms.

Best regards,

Garry !!

jood

Thanks carry
    Pardon……I mean SDCCH/4 not 4SDCCH , & problem due congestion not Drop.
    You mainly right, but see that to avoid misunderstanding me. I mean SDCCH/4 which is restricted on TS0(combined mode).So my intention is to relies the efficient way to overcome SDCCH congestion.
    Is it by adding TRXs or by allocating more SDCCH (like SDCCH/8(no combined mode) on TS1).
    So maximally I have 6 remaining TSs for TCH.
    Thus how 1/1/1 is compatible with SDCCH/8(not combined) ????
    Th in Ad

Garry !!

Hi Jood,

Well combined mode will help your site incase there is low traffic, as it comes with a price of loosing your CCCHs.

Though it is a good way of utilizing the resources you have (1 carrier).

Well, coming to your problem….let me know what BSS vendor you have and what sdcch drop rate you have ?

Best regards,

Garry !!

jood

hi carry
    my vendor is ericsson.
    OK…. as the vendor document articulated that it is not recommended to apply (non combined SDCCH) on one ARFCN sector.
    But we implement that more than one. SO I wonder about its inefficiency which hasn’t occurred to us yet.
    BR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.