Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

reasons for tch drop rate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Nitin

Well dont have much experience in CDMA I am from core GSM…We have been using filters to minimize the uplink interferce from CDMA. Can someone pls make the specifications for the filter to be used??
    Its a band pass filter..but attenuating which range of frequncies

Tommy Nguyen

Hi there,
    how about the call drop problem of VoIP?
    I’m running a Quintum Gateway, and always got call drop to certain region, such as Philippines mobile number. What can I do to improve the quality and stop the problem, anyone got any idea?
    Thanks

Nitin

I beleive that CDMA operators in India are using EGSM band for their operations. It is recommended to use narrow band filters, covering the band of frequencies that you are using with atleast 90dBc(or better) attenuation of EGSM band frequencies, which can be used in series with your BTS equipment filter. However be aware, such narrow band filters are usually a costly affair.

Aydo

Hi all,

I have a problem about to calculation the Drop Call Rate (DPCR).

I use for calculation a Cell or a BSC this formula:

DPCR = DROP CALL RATIO = 100% * DPC / TCH NORM SEIZURES

But I found another formula for only Cells:

DPCR = DPCR_Cell = TCH DROP-OUT RATIO = 100% * DPC / (TCH NORM SEIZURES + TCH HO SEIZURES)

Which is rigt. I need your support.

regard´s

Aydo

Boboo

The second is the good one. In the first case you only take into account the commucation started into the cell (the tch normal seizure). But traffic due to incoming call missed. you must add it ( tch ho seizure )

Regards

Boboo

AB

What could be the reason of TCH Seizure failures if there was no blocking/congestion reported.
    Let’s suppose we have 359 attempts on TCH, 72 call drops, 182 seizures & 177 Seizure fails…
    How to avoid 177 seizure fails??

Pix

AB,

You have three main possible cases for TCH seizures failures:

– Congestion of TCH channels
    – Poor radio quality (interference, poor coverage or TRX / Combiner hardware issues)
    – Abis link failures / BSC failures

Because you have about 50% failure and you’re saying there is no congestion, I would assume it is probably a hardware issue.

You could check those points first :

– interference (intra-site, intra-cell ?). Try changing the frequencies.
    – hardware (reset all TRE. If still failures : lock all TRE except one, and test all the TRE one by one this way. Finally, exhange the combiner…)
    – Abis link availability and quality

Note : you have a very high amount of call drops also, isn’t it ?
    What is your average call duration ? (= mean holding time)

AB

Yes, call drop is significant.
    MHT is around 53s at busy hour.
    Also, we have chnaged the hardware but the problem persists. I think ABIS link failure might be the cause? We can also change the frequency but i dont see a C/Ic or C/Ia…

tahir saduzaei

hi all,
    i want to improve the MPD(minutes per drop) and DCR of whole network. can any of you guide me what to do especially MPD.Any docuement of tips/suggestion is requied on urgent basis. Kindly guide me in this regard. Regards.Tahir

shanti

how to solve worst cluster that have many drop calls?

chirag

hi friends,

please help me because,i m new & entery level for this field

i want to learn about tch drop & congesation,bcch problems and Hand over problems, and how it is related to bts hardware means error occuers to which hardware problame.

my email cbkaria@yahoo.co.in

bye

tank

I have continous value of tch drop in some areas with the value at an average exceeding 3.4 %, the error shown is is that the signal recieved has too amny bad frames, can some please point to me what exactly that indicates??

Pix

It’s probably an interference problem.
    1/ Does it happen mostly on one TRX, or all TRX ? Which TRX exactly ?
    2/ Are you using SFH, BBH or no hopping?

Meenakshi

Hi!

The call dropping rate for a particular BSC is >3%.

Can it be a problem with Mobile exchange as for all other BSCs there is no such problem found.

Pls. suggest.

Pix

Which cells in BSC are having high CDR ?

How many ?

All > check BSC HW failures (boards), or Abis failures, or Ater failures

Some > Abis failures

One > BTS failures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.