Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

common BCCH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    yog

hi all,

what do you mean by common BCCH ? why this is used ?? any thing specific to vendor ???

-thanks in adv

TechMan

Hi Yog,

To answer your question,
    Common BCCH feature makes it possible to combine muti-frequency bands (eg. 900Mhz, 1800Mhz) into one cell having only one BCCH.

With this feature we can not only use a combined signalling, combined traffic channels with improved trunking gain but also can achieve tighter re-use of non bcch frequencies!

As far as I know most of the vendors have this feature.

Boko

Also You can have common BCCH for a single band cell. For example the inner area is with power reduction. this way for the freqs you have in the inner zone a much more tighter reuse can be achi.eved

syed

Common BCCH is not a good practice!!!

Boko

Hi Syed,

Of course there are some problems using Common BCCH, but why you are so hard sbout it?

Rgds

KayDee

Hi Boko!

I do not think you will have common BCCH for Single. In this case you will probably call it Concentric Cell, that’s how it’s called with Siemens. Common BCCH only refers to cell using different band but instead of having BCCH for each band you have one BCCH for both bands. Hope this amswers you question…

Boko

Hi KayDee,

you are absolutely right I should use concentric. Dualband concentric cell is “Common BCCH”
    Sorry

jood

Dont forget the good effect on SDCCH load, reducing the neighbour cell,adding more TCH.
    But it have some disadvantages such like the ping pong HO from inner to outer.
    But i think its good with some roubst optimization.

Nazmul

Hi all,
    In a Common BCCH configuration,
    it is possible to have a Complete to Inner area handover for colocated cells. But, is it possible to have a handover from complete area to inner area for non-colocated cells?

KayDee

Hi Nuzmul;
    It is not possible, you will alway handover to Complete area and immidiately do an intra cell HO to inner cell if you meet the requirements for complete_to_inner HO.

Ebrahim

Hi Guys,

I’m using common BCCH in my network and it is just working perfect!! it is all about planning and optimization.

by the way jood,
    what do you mean by “ping pong HO from inner to outer”? we hadn’t such problems but i’m really curious to know about …

Thanks.

jood

HI Ebrahim
    Thanks to COMMON BCCH, we use high tightened planning for 1800 cells (individual cells with own BCCH + CS cells with null). So CS 1800 suffering interference & make urgency bad quality HO to outer 900.
    But you can treat with, by using techniques to minimize interference, & optimize the inhibition timer in your system to prevent return HO from (900), due to locating of basic ranking & HCS criteria.

Boko

As I remember for Siemens there is only two types of Ho from inner to outer – distance (based on TA) and level. For quality HO you go directly toward external cells. Am i right?
    How is it with your vendor?

Rgds,
    Boko

jood

ARE YOU MEAN CONCENTRIC OL/UL OR MULTI BAND CELLS.
    FOR MULTIBAND YOU CAN DO intraHO DUE QUALITY CRITERION.

Boko

Hi Jood,

Please english is not my native language. I always mistake common BCCH with concentric because in our network we only have commonBCCH, and for me it means both i will take special care not to mistake them further.
    here is something from the parameters:
    – In a concentric cell (CREATE BTS [BASICS]:CONCELL=TRUE) the
    intracell handover (quality) may only take place within the complete
    area or within the inner area!
    – In an extended cell the intra-cell handover due to quality may only
    take place from double to double ts or from single to single ts

Of course this is only in siemens. What do you mean with Multiband you can do intra QHO? Which vendor?

Rgds,
    Boko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.