Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Telecom jobs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ash

Hello everybody!

I have done my Masters in Telecommunication Electronics from U.K. I finished this course in July 2005 and since then i have been seriously looking for a career in Telecommunication industry. I have a good knowledge of GSM and UMTS Technology.

The problem I am facing is that whenever I send my C.V. to any agency, they do reply but when they forward my cv to the companies they never come back to me. Its been almost four months now and I havent faced any personnal interview. Everyday i get calls from different agencies but nothing happens.

I have tried changes like a month ago I made new cv with the help of professional cv writer. I got good responses but still only from agencies.

Please send me some suggestions and I would highly appreciate if anybody likes to review my cv and give me some feedback on that.

Thanx

Mike

I think you might find it comes down to no experience, i know its a catch 22 situation. It will also come down to what jobs you are applying for.

Do you want Perm or contract? do you mind where you work ETC?

Have a look on Jobserve or Monsterboard.. these places have a lot of jobs on them.

HTH
    Mike

Ash

Thanx Mike! I really appreciate your advice and thanx for the time.
    One more question i want to ask: can anybody please provide me the list of companies who deals in RF Optimization or any 2g/3g networks. I am fed up applying through the agencies and they never disclose the names of the companies.
    Thanx

alexander

Ash, RF optimisation is a most compicated and best paid job in wireless market, good RF optimizator have salary $600-800 per day, and nobody will hire you as RF optimizator without good experience in this field…see vacancies at jobserve.com, glotel.com, hudson.com, dx200.biz/links.html
    Alex

sam

hi alex,

what about RF planning engineer? do they have good scope? how much they are paid? what is necessary to be good planning engineer?

What is there in future of RF engineer? any idea?

ash, i think before jumping in optimization try to find out job in field of O&M first. this will give you good knowledge of various equipment etc.

also, try for core planning/switch engineer etc.

regards,
    sam.

patrick

you should try to looking for abroad.

The best experience is to deploy a new network.

Don’t be afraid to travel.

http://www.monster.com/

Ash

Thanx for the overwhelming replies.
    Patrick: Do I need experience for deploying a new network? I m a fresh graduate in Telecom with absolutely no experience.
    Do you guys think for going into optimization, I shud try for drive testing first. But not many agencies advertise for drive testing vacancies.
    That is the problem I m facing. All agencies need strong experience which I m lacking in.
    It will be a great help for me and other graduates like me if someone gives me the list of companies where i can apply directly for junior positions.
    For the time being I got hold of TEMS datasheet and manuals which I m learning by myself.
    Any suggesstions?????
    Thanx

Abhimanyu

hello every one,
    this my first visit to this site. I’m an fresh Engg graduate in Elctronics n comm ND want to make career in Telecom.
    so plz tell me the right way to start and the companies in which aa fresher can get a job

sam

Abhimanyu, if stay in india then try to make career in telecom software developement side its booming at present and will be a bright future for BE holders.

sam

also, there ar lot of companies in bangalore recruiting fresher and providing training. see naukri.com and jobsahead.com.

good luck!!

Juan Federico

HI, Ash and ALL.
    I have some of TEMS Information, it is not so much, but i think its helps to you.
    Please give me a couple of days to found it.

Best regards from mexico .

Alan

Hi All,
    Its a real nice people’s forum…I need some evaluation…
    I have one year experience of installing NECs Microwave equipment and network design using Pathloss4 tool. How do you rate my chances of getting jobs in middle east?

sam

alan frankly dont try for middle east except dubai.

Alan

Sam do you say that because of local people’s attitude toward foriegners or due to low pays?

alexander

to alan: for middle east I guess your experience is enought… there are a lot of poor engineers in middle east, arab guys and foreigners, so you won’t be poorest one !!!

Alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.