Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH congestion

• This topic has 115 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Surajit Saha.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Rajiv Gujral

Dear All,

Kindly revert for the same if anyone knows bout it.

rk

pls correct me if I m wrong ?

rk

pls correct me if I m wrong ?

In early allocation the TCH configured as the SDCCH due to congestion will serve only one subscriber whereas in Dynamic SDCCH the corresponding TCH will be configured as SDCCH/8 serving 8 subscribers. In early allocation the configured SDCCH can not be used for the SMS and Location Update whereas in Dynamic SDCCH allocation the configured SDCCH can be used for the SMS and Location Update as well.

Is there any fundamental like above that in one case the correspondig sdcch configured will serve only one subscriber and eight users in the other one?

Pix

Hello RK,

I’m sorry i don’t know what is early allocation, it do’esn’t ring any bell.

when a timeslot is defined as SDCCH dynamic, it means that when timeslots defined as TCH are not full, and there are SDCCH requests that can’t be carried by the “static” SDCH timeslots, the dynaic SDCCH timeslots will become a SDCCH/8 timeslot.

It will remain a SDCCH/8 TS as long as there are enough SDCCH requests to occupy the static SDCCHs + the dynamic SDCCHs.
    If there are less SDCCH, the dynamic will wait a while before reconfiguring to TCH.

I think this description was given in another thread, few hours ago…

Regards,

Rajiv Gujral

Dear Pix,

I want to know that which TCH will be coverted to SDCCH in Dynamic SDCCH(e.g. TCH coversion to SDCCH is based on the fact the Time Slot that will have least uplink interference in the idle mode or the TS that will belong to least Band Limit Interference will be coverted to SDCCH from TCH).Hope u understand what i want to convey. Pls revert if u know bout it.

Pix

Hi Rajiv,

In alcatel system, the OMC-R operator defines which timeslots in the cell are capable of becoming SDCCH or TCH.

In the cell, the operator chooses a certain timeslot, and defines it as “SDD”, which means this TS can decide dynamically to be either TCH or SDCCH (in case there are a lot of SDCCH requests).

It is not the BTS which chooses which TS can become SDCCH. It is statically configured in the OMC-R.

Now, if you define 2 SDD TS in a cell, there might be some priority, and the BTS might choose a certain TS among the 2 TS to become a SDCCH. Insuch case, the BTS will choose the TS which is located on a TCU with the less load (other secondary criteria are used as well, but none about the interference band measurements).

Rajiv Gujral

Dear Pix,

Thank for explaining me the Dynamic SDCCH crieteria. Now im looking for the Early Allocation. I searched a lot of manuals but havnt find this term.

Regards
    Rajiv Gujral

Souad

Hello.. Is there anyone using siemens equipment for the radio network… I would like to ask some questions on the counters giving the TCH/SDCCH blocking and the formula…

Thanks …

Pix

Rajiv,

Which equipment’s brand are you using ? (maybe i already asked you this question, but i forgot..)

Tomar

Hi Souad,
    we are using Siemens. PM and counters are also my domain.
    plz ask.
    Tomar

Souad

Hi tomar,

thx a lot for your reply.. i am in charge of the optimisation of radio network.. i would like to know which PM counters you use for calculating the Block TCH, Block SDCCH, the traffic and the drop calls… and the formulas you use ..

i ask to much sorry :)..

you can also reply on schbibi@voxmobile.lu

Thx..

Rajiv Gujral

Hi Pix,

We using ZTE BTS, BSC and MSC.

mehrdad

hi,
    in nokia system if LAPD signaling be not enough high sdcch congestion will be happened. I solved such problems with increasing TRX signaling bit rate from 16 to 32 kbps. problem was solved!

SKY

Dear All,

In my understanding, the RA update doesn’t use the SDCCH, am I right?

BRs,

pix

sky,

RA update is performed only when you’re in READY MODE, which means you have a dedicated GPRS channel available (PDCH / PACCH). So the SDCCH is not used.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.