Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH congestion

• This topic has 115 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Surajit Saha.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    RF engr

Please tell me that LU is on SDCCH but what about the RU procedure. And why we keep RA more than the LA’s as there are many RA’s in one LA

Regards,
    RF Engr

Boko

Because of the load caused by GPRS.
    Signaling for GPRS which is for the whole RA is much more than GSM for LA

Rudrakar

I am facing a problem of SDCCH drop in one site which is not at the LA or RA, previously it is doing good and from last 5 days its drop had increase from 1.02 to 3.01.
    what are the resions behind?
    any can tell me what is uplink TBF?

RF Engr

Dear Boko
    Thanks for the reply plz if u can give me the reply in detail about the RA and RA planning. I will be thankful to u

Boko

Hi Rudracar,

Uplink TBF is uplink temporaly block flow. It is GPRS related. Here is an explanation “Unidirectional flow of data between MS and PCU for the transfer of one or more LLC PDUs”.
    Also several TBF can be transmitted on one PDCH. Also one TBF can be served on several PDCH.

About SDDCH drop what kind of equipment do you use? There should be counters for different reasons for SDCCH drops e.g. T200 expire, Radiolink failure etc. Check which one do you have.

Esamo

Rudakar,
    you can run an appplication to see what is the reason for sdcch congestion. This is a PMR type Channel. I am having the same problem in my network and the reason for sdcch congestion is location update. I am still trying to see why there are so many LU attemps but I am stuck now. If you found the solution or have any more ideas please share them.

Boko

In idle mode if you change from UMTS to GSM (for example bad coverage or interference) there is also a LU. No connection with LA border. And if this place is a high traffic road…congestion

deena

The only way is u should block SMS or u should reduce the TS and Increase the SDCCH in a CELL

wen

Hi,

In response to Esamo, if ur SD attempts are high due to location update, maybe u can use cell reselect hysteresis to reduce the cell reselection ping pong at the LAC border. It should reduce the attempts as well as improve paging. Btw, are u using Ericsson system? If yes, how did u find out that the high number of SDCCH attempts is due to location update?

Esamo

I already tried changing the reselection hysteresis and the reselection offset but had no changes.
    Yes, I am working with Ericsson system. To see what causes so many SDCCH attemps I used a tool provided by Ericsson called PMR Channel. There you can select a cell and check it for an hour. The report finally shows all the channel attemps and the corresponding cause of that attemp.
    See thread 2064 for more information. Hope this is usefull for you.

Penita

Hi, i want to know about the parameter EXCDist and when i can use.
    Thanks
    Jenny

RAHUL

HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ALARM:

*** ALARM TRX -009 NPUSAP4SAG0063
    (10835) 7724 CONFLICT BETWEEN BSS RADIO NETWORK DATABASE AND CALL CONTROL
    02 04 01B4 11348d

Vanderey

To Penita

EXCDIST =35,
    object: BTS [OPTIONS]
    unit: 1km
    range: 1-35 (for standard cells)
    1-100 (for extended cells)
    default: 35 (for standard cells)
    100 (for extended cells)
    Excessive distance, this parameter specifies the distance limit (between MS and BTS) to be used for call release if the feature release due to excessive distance’ is enabled(EEXCDIST=TRUE)
    Note: The value entered for EXCDIST must be greater than entered for the distance handover threshold (see parameter HOTMSRME (SET HAND)).
    Rule: HOTMSRM (HAND) < EXCDIST

Amritpal Singh

Hi frnds,

Can u tell me the reason and remidies for more TCH drops apart from congestion.

Amritpal Singh.

ramon

Pls, acn any one assist me in listing out the solution to a situation where there is low Paging success rate in the MSC. Considering all the vrious possible option.
    IMSI/ TMSI 1st or 2nd.
    LAC/ GLOBAL 1st or 2nd.
    Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.